W. Malamud.

Santo Domingo.- Dominican Republic’s American Chamber of Commerce AMCHAMDR) on Thursday called the recently-formed LGBT Chamber of Commerce a positive initiative which can add value to companies in sectors such as tourism which seek to exploit the emerging market niche.

AMCHAMDR vice president William Malamud said the fledgling entity can spur growth of small businesses by “liaising with multinational companies that have focused on this population segment programs.”

"I understand that they are involved in linking the LGBT business with multinationals which have dedicated to inclusiveness in its supply chain programs ... therefor I think it’s important for several small businesses niche, if they can attain growth through such programs," Malamud said.

The business leader said the new business organization is an added value in areas of the economy and the tourism industry.

"In tourism for example, if companies want to attract this segment (LGBT), you have to understand that market, what kind of things they want, etc....if that's something that a company wants to do and focus on those segments, I will believe there is an added value in having a Chamber…they have every right to associate.”

COMMENTS
Written by: danny00, 18 Mar 2016 11:07 AM
From: United States, Williamsburg Brooklyn
its a good thing.... u ladies will make lots of money but please dont lynch the gays like u lynch the haitians. learn how to be nice to others i know u hate the jews, germans, pols, uncle sam, russians, chineses, u hate everyone and everything even your self......

please dont hate me im trying hard to get u ladies on the right road in life. stop the pimping, drug dealing, shoplifting, food stamp fraud, real estate fraud,child abuse, human trafficking,
STOP PLEASE LOVE GOD AND LOVE MICKEY MOUSE......
Written by: gomas, 18 Mar 2016 12:02 PM
From: Dominican Republic, The Greatest Banana Republic on Earth
no we just hate you
Written by: RobertoJose, 18 Mar 2016 12:21 PM
From: United States, FREEPORT, Long Island.....Don't sing it, just bring it !!!!
Why not haiti, why doesn't LGBT go to haiti with that shiet? This is bullshiet!!!

Show us a gay genome or prove to all of us that the reason for a man wanting to have another man put his penis in his rectum besides being a sick sexually abnormal and unacceptable practice. I'll have some kind of sympathy, until then, I'm against it all.

When it comes to modern humans it's is all about "Nurture" and not "Nature"

I'll bet that if we look into Brewsters life we would find a flaw in the way he was raised.

A Bum is not born a bum, a hooker is not born a hooker, a attorney is not born an attorney nor is a baseball fan born as a baseball fan.

If you place a new born puppy in a litter of new born tigers , the puppy will grow up thinking its a tiger.

Written by: RobertoJose, 18 Mar 2016 1:17 PM
A long time ago the LGBT tried to prove that it's Nature and not Nurture by showing the world that a pair of male Cranes were a couple, the one bird would stay at the nest while the other would bring food for its mate. The birds were not taking turns, the one bird actually thought it had a female at the nest and it catered to its every need.

I see the bird being catered to as an older opportunist with experience and taking advantage of a younger bird that never had a chance to have its own chicks.

Written by: gomas, 18 Mar 2016 7:50 PM
From: Dominican Republic, The Greatest Banana Republic on Earth
if it is natural how come more men want to be xdressers and trannies than women?. if it was natural an equal amount of women would want to be men but there aren't, these men are soooo screwed up in the head
Written by: AgentX, 19 Mar 2016 12:09 AM
Hey, RobertoJose, Do not think to send your filth to Haiti. Dominican albinos like you are more prone to become homo than the Africans.
Go to Jackson Heights in New York, on Roosevelt Ave from 69th Street t to 97th Street you will see a couple of hundred of male Dominicans roaming the street all night working as homo turning tricks while Dominican women are dancing semi-nude on nearby night clubs for some miserable dollars on those nearby night clubs. You accept diplomat homo in your country because your people has no moral. most Dominicans, not all will negotiate their sisters,daughters,mother even grand mother for monies. We Haitians have moral superiority over you. Don't send those homo to Haiti. Send them to your house. Have respect for Haitians if you want to be treated likewise
Written by: RobertoJose, 19 Mar 2016 3:37 PM

AgentX, it takes one to know one.

We don't want to hear about your fantasies or your work environment.

How many Step-Dads you said you have?

Moral Superiority, I never laughed so hard. I guess your moral superiority over Dominicans is the reason why your country is the POOREST in the western hemisphere, you foolish beast of burden.
Written by: ciber, 20 Mar 2016 7:12 AM
J. Edgar Hoover Started the FBI practice of putting GAYS in all The American Embassy's. He knew they would report to him before reporting to the state. Gay's loyalty is to outher gays not their country !
Written by: guillermone, 20 Mar 2016 9:51 AM

Hoover Started the FBI practice of putting GAYS in all The American Embassy's. He knew they would report to him before reporting to the state. Gay's loyalty is to outher gays not their country-ciber
----
I was in the car business once with a gay clientele. I never looked at customers from the perspective of race, creed, religion, national origin or sexual orientation. To me their purchasing power is more important, anything else irrelevant. After selling a few cars, I developed a significant gay client base. I was always fair and treated them well, like I would any potential client and over time my referrals business increased exponentially. However, let me tell you something, these sales went from a blessing and turned into a curse. After repeatedly dealing with them over the years, the more familiar I became, the less I wanted to do business. Almost every sale was a drama or headache to the point I no longer did deals. It was just not worth it. My advice be leery of gay business
Written by: ciber, 21 Mar 2016 7:00 AM
Straight people do not tryto turn gays straight. Gays try to turn straight people GAY! That is the way i have seen it work all over the world! Im sorry but Gays have sompthing broken in their makeup!
Written by: guillermone, 21 Mar 2016 9:40 AM

Written by: ciber, 21 Mar 2016 7:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gay people are like black people. Gays think most guys are a closet case, and always on the prowl for new recruits. Remember the song, YMCA?."We want you as a new recruit"....!!!!

African Americans think anyone with a few shades darker then white is black or want to make you black. And will get mad, if you refuse to join their club. And just like gays, they also get upset and offended if you turn them down.
Written by: Radar, 21 Mar 2016 6:56 PM
From: United States, Aspen Hill, Maryland.

"The business leader said the new business organization is an added value in areas of the economy.
In tourism for example, if companies want to attract this segment (LGBT), you have to understand that market, what kind of things they want, etc."

I could not care less what these people do with themselves behind closed doors.! .. As long as there is a potential to make HUGE bucks, they can come and go as they please. As a matter of fact, these people, (statistically speaking), spend more money in entertainment than ANY other segment of the population at large. .. Now, anyone on this board who would sacrifice a great income based on moral grounds, deserves to stay poor and miserable... In fact, Y'all ARE as dumb as rocks.!!. Every single one of you.!!
Written by: gomas, 21 Mar 2016 9:02 PM
From: Dominican Republic, The Greatest Banana Republic on Earth
radar retarded, he is about to blow !!!!! watch out
Written by: gomas, 21 Mar 2016 9:03 PM
From: Dominican Republic, The Greatest Banana Republic on Earth
radar retarded
Written by: guillermone, 21 Mar 2016 11:14 PM

Hetero people are, (generally speaking), by far, more violent, less tolerant, much dumber, much poorer, and less educated than gays.! .. as it's all too clearly evidenced by the idiotic comments in this forum.. Comemierdas, todos.!!-Radar
---------------------------------------------
Radar are you ok, boss? I never seen a straight guy get so upset about a gay topic.
Que te pasa papo? Cojelo suave, it aint worth it, o es que se te moja la canoa?
Have you ever had a homosexual experience?
Do you know what its like to be gay?
Well I don't, but I hear it can be a pain in the ass.

(its only a joke dude don't take it serious)
Written by: RobertoJose, 21 Mar 2016 11:39 PM

Like AgentX, It makes his booty sweat.....
Written by: Radar, 22 Mar 2016 10:21 AM
From: United States, Aspen Hill, Maryland.

"Que te pasa papo?"--

You're all letting prejudices and misplaced sense of morality get in the way of progress. Does anyone here have a real grasp of what a Chamber of Commerce actually does.?.. In case you don't, here it is : It promotes business, advertises its ability and availability/readiness to become involved in whatever the investor wants to pursue, by facilitating such venture.
In other words, when looking into doing business in DR, this outfit will guide and ease the way to setting up shop in any and all industries.. likely done for a small fee, or none at all.!!
Now, who wouldn't love that kind of arrangement.?
What an individual or a nation must do to grow its business, is to adopt an all-inclusive policy, regardless. When we set limits on our clientele, we're shooting ourselves in the foot.!..
There's much to be gained by having an open mind.. Anyone here who allows stupidity to cloud his vision deserves to stay blind, mute, dumb, and forever poor...
Written by: guillermone, 22 Mar 2016 11:23 AM

You're all letting prejudices and misplaced sense of morality get in the way of progress. Does anyone here have a real grasp of what a Chamber of Commerce actually does.?.... It promotes business, advertises its ability and availability/readiness to become involved in whatever the investor wants-Radar
---------
I know....what it does. Although I sound prejudice or seem as to discriminate, I don't. I believe in fairness. We are all children of God regardless of sexual persuasion. Christians forget that God gave us freedom of will and choice to do what we want. We can't and must not force or alter that regardless of personal opinions. But, I must admit, I am sarcastic, I am guilty of that. However, my personal experience with gay has not been all that pleasant. Although I have always treated them no different, like any other human, unfortunately se equivocan conmigo. Because I try to be nice,they get the wrong idea and confuse one thing for another. That's really my only beef
Written by: Radar, 22 Mar 2016 12:55 PM
From: United States, Aspen Hill, Maryland.

"se equivocan conmigo"--

I've had the same problem. -- to the point where I've reacted violently and had to bitch-slap a few.
I've never purposely hung around with gays, but had the good fortune of meeting up and establishing friendships with a few decent folks who happened to be gay. I learned plenty from these and other people. That is why no one can dismiss anyone helter-skelter based on ingrained prejudices, or perceived first-looks.
I personally think a few of them go over the top and want to misbehave with their overt sexuality. I don't like it and won't be caught dead with such people in the same vein as the ultra radical feminists dykes and racial extremists. I'm neither a white supremacist nor a "black lives matter" sympathizer.
For the sake of prosperity, we must understand and accept all kinds of people but also know how far away we need to be in order to live in harmony.
Whatever benefits the majority is what must be embraced. That's what democracy is all about.
Written by: Radar, 22 Mar 2016 1:39 PM
From: United States, Aspen Hill, Maryland.

It's understood that some gays' behaviors are outrageous and sometimes intolerable for some. I can't fault anyone for feeling disgust witnessing two males or females tonguing or feeling each other up in public. Heck, I don't think even heterosexuals look decent doing the same for all to see.
I believe there's a time and place for everything. Everyone, and I mean ALL OF US, must have the decency to know what is proper, or not, in public. Anyone violating unwritten rules should be called out and "corrected" by the proper authorities. (cops).
Many do themselves a disservice by acting out in a vulgar, inappropriate manner as some gays, prostitutes, and ghetto-mentals can, and often do. . A valid reason for Dominicans and other intolerant people wanting to stone the vermin.
But that's just one side of the equation. The other, is the business side, where we can provide for these people to come and enjoy our nation as long as they're not engaged in prostitution or pedophilia..
Written by: RobertoJose, 22 Mar 2016 5:42 PM
I'm all about making that money, people to me have a monetary value, no matter their color, race or sexual orientation. The problem is that there is way more heterosexual people than the LGBT would like to believe.

I don't understand something here..... If it's only business, why should a flag be flown. Why does the LGBT need a Chamber of Commerce to do business in a country where all sort of business is welcomed?

There is a hidden agenda, we don't need an exclusive LGBT business plan for the dominican republic.

Let the LGBT come to our island, enjoy our beautiful beaches like everyone else, behave like human beings without disrespecting others and at the same time respect our rules. They will be alright.
Written by: guillermone, 23 Mar 2016 12:34 PM

Let the LGBT come to our island, enjoy our beautiful beaches like everyone else, behave like human beings without disrespecting others and at the same time respect our rules. They will be alright-RobertoJose
-----------------------
I totally agree. The DR is an open and pretty much a sort of laissez-faire society. We don't focus on race, religion, creed, national origin and sexual persuasion. I too wonder about the need to market their product or service using LBGT marketing?
Written by: guillermone, 23 Mar 2016 12:48 PM

But that's just one side of the equation. The other is the business side, where we can provide for these people to come and enjoy our nation as long as they're not engaged in prostitution or pedophilia-Radar
-------
I also agree with that, my exact same sentiments, however I have my doubts

Gay people, more specifically gay men are known to be highly promiscuous and for this reason its a tough call. If the DR continues to be promoted as a haven for LBGT, its hard for me to believe that overtime it will not turn into another Sodom and Gomorrah. To a point we are already there but this added element its not going to make it any better, it might just be the straw which breaks the camel's back, exacerbate an already pre-exiting decadent way of life prevalent in present day DR. Personally I don't want to put a hold on progress. I only suggest is that we tread lightly, lets not be too hasty, rush into things to then regret later, like the gold rush, which went from boom to bust