Previous Next Close Gallery
Freddy Beras Goico talking to the press this morning.
Picture 1 of 2
Previous Next Zoom Picture

SANTO DOMINGO. - The Dominican humorist and television producer Milton Peláez passed away this morning in a local clinic, resulting from an accidental gunshot fired by a friend who Police identified as Plutarco Ernesto González, currently in custody.

The Police reported that the incident took place in the residence of Pelaez’s friend, located in the capital’s Naco sector, where police agents are investigating at the scene.

Life-long friend and colleague Freddy Beras Goico went to the residence, where he revealed that Pelaez wanted to produce a new TV show with him.

COMMENTS
Written by: Luis J Bourget, 4 Jul 2006 2:50 PM
From: Santo Domingo
This is a great loss for the dominican people. Milton Pelaez was an outstanding human being, pathriarc of a respectable dominican family and an excellent producer and artist. Everybody is in shock to hear of such bad news today.
Written by: Connie, 5 Jul 2006 12:08 AM
From: New York
I feel so sorry about Milton's death. He was one of the greatest
comedians and comic producers of Dominican Republic television I really do not believe it was a accident.I would appreciate more research of his death if possible.
I am devestated of this treagedy and i feel sympathy for his loved ones.Why would his "friend" have a gun on hand when he was visited by milton i mean if you know someones coming over you don't have a weapon on you and accidentaly drop it.
Sincerely,
Connie
Written by: Sixto Ventura, 5 Jul 2006 10:21 PM
From: New York
My deepest sympathy goes to Milton's family. I am fortunate to have had been part of Milton's life through my ex wife. He was
a gentleman, fantastic father, an excellent husband, a very funny comedian and all around great person. He was also a gracious host and completely down to earth. All this comes as a shock. He was an intensely intelligent and quick witted humorist who could verbally spar with anyone about anything and at the same time sing a romantic ballad. He is a Dominican
giant.
Written by: JUAN DE LA CRUZ, 6 Jul 2006 6:48 PM
From: ESTADOS UNIDOS
ES UNA PENA QUE LOS ARTISTAS, QUE NOS DAN LA ALEGRIA ESTEN PASANDO SITUACIONES SEMEJANTE.
JUSTICIA.
ME SIENTO MUY APENADO, MI PADRE MURION EN LOS DOSE ANOS DE BALAGUER Y NO HUBO JUSTICIA. PARA MI ESTA
PERDIDA ME HIERE, ME IDENTIFICO CON ESE DOLOR.
JUAN DE LA CRUZ, EN MIAMI. JUSTICIA TIERRA DE HISTORIAS.
Written by: Helen Macey, 8 Jul 2006 11:39 AM
From: Plymouth, England
My deepest sympathy goes to his family, his friends, my country and my childhood memories. I can only rewind my memories so far and remember the many laughs and respect I had and will always have for Milton Pelaez. Unfortunately, our country has chosen a path with no return. My prayers will go out to his family and friend Freddie Veras Goico.
Written by: Luis Duran, 8 Jul 2006 2:20 PM
From: North Carolina
IYo creo que todo comediante es un ser humano especial de la humanidad, porque quizas son personas cuya mente esta vacia de maldad, solo piensan en como hacer reir a los demas.
No se, pero siento mucho esta perdida de este gran ser Humano.
Written by: RAMON A RAMIREZ MD, 9 Jul 2006 1:44 PM
From: VERMONT USA
I DO NOT BELIEVE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.THIS COUNTRY NEED A STRONG JUSTICE SYSTEM. TO MANY PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH CRIMES.
EVERY DAY THE NEWSPAPER TALKS ABOUT CRIMES THAN JOB,EDUCATION,SECURITY AND JUSTICES FOR THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY.
SO SAD FOR THE FAMILIES OF THE EVERY DAY KILLINGS OCCURING IN THIS COUNTRY WITHOUT THE HOPE OF JUSTICES.
Written by: noris belette, 15 Jul 2006 12:00 AM
From: manhattan, new york
Mi mas sincero pesame para la familia de Milton Pelaez. Que Dios le de paz y resignacion a sus seres mas queridos y los cuales lloran su partida y nunca les olvidaran.
Written by: Sahira Raful, 20 Jul 2006 4:52 PM
From: Hong Kong
Que noticia tan tremendamente dolorosa! Que impacto me provoco saber la tragica desaparicion de Milton...
Caramba, se dice en estos casos: "ni lo creo" en verdad, lo visualizo tan jovial y espiritual como siempre.
Mi pena es insignificante ante la de sus hijas Nelva, Dolphie, su esposa Dolphina...nietos y demas..
Que la magna presencia de Dios derrame su manto de luz sobre todos ellos y sobre toda la Republica que parece huerfana...
Los escenarios y las pantallas te extranaran, Milton!