Guayacanes beach. Photo guachumara.net.

Santo Domingo.- The Electoral Board’s (JCE) Arbitration Chamber on Wednesday ordered the ruling PLD party to register Danilo Feliz Torres’ candidacy for Mayor of the coastal town Guayacanes, San Pedro province (east), who had been scrubbed from the ticket after figuring in the alleged network of the Puerto Rican fugitive narcotics trafficker Jose Figueroa Agosto.

The PLD party was notified of the Electoral court’s Resolution dated March 12, after the Chamber ruled for the challenge filed by Feliz’s lawyer, and ordered the National Electoral Commission and other PLD authorities to recognize his acquired rights for getting the most votes in the PLD convention held in that municipality.

In the hearing to rule on Feliz’s challenge PLD political delegate Cesar Pina claimed that the public situation implicating the plaintiff had led to the launch of a Justice Ministry investigation, when the diagram of Figueroa Agosto’s alleged team was made public.

COMMENTS
Written by: jonbonz, 18 Mar 2010 2:58 AM
From: Dominican Republic, santo domingo
So the sponsoring party finds this A hole is currupt pulls him off the ballot but the court orders the corrupt creatin back on? Josean, Blu anyone have I lost my mind to think there is something wrong with this picture?
Written by: Blutarsky This user is banned, 18 Mar 2010 6:12 AM
From: Dominican Republic, No Spin Zone
Danilo Feliz Torres’en el Pais de las Maravillas........todo es posible
Written by: josean, 18 Mar 2010 7:39 AM
From: United States, Fighting the Dictatorship of the Narco PLD Mafia; Guillermo Moreno President 2016
jonbonz,

After the electoral board was presented with pictures of LIE-onel Fernandez with the NARCO-DEVELOPER at the ground breaking of NARCO-TOWERS; the government bank financing this great example of the private sector’s "confidence" in the Dominican Narco I mean Macro stability: how could they not rule in favor of this "fine gentlemen!”

If President LIE-onel Fernandez can associate with NARCOS and get away with it, why can’t any other Dominican do it?

Eh Pa' Lante Que Vamos!
Written by: gmiller261, 18 Mar 2010 9:55 AM

Typical Dominican transparent corruption.

Written by: juanb, 18 Mar 2010 2:13 PM
Criminals, thieves, and bums.

Ladies and gentlemen, your elected representatives.
Written by: josean, 18 Mar 2010 2:32 PM
"Josean, Blu"

jonbonz,

It should be Blu, Josean!

Please always give Top Billing to Banistan he is sensitive about those things, it’s one of the few pleasures he has left in life in addition to Raisin Oatmeal of course!
Written by: jonbonz, 18 Mar 2010 3:27 PM
From: Dominican Republic, santo domingo
the reason I put your names together is out of it all most of us on this board agree with what is wrong, agree what needs to change. Our disagreements are more about which candidate could change it.
Basically we all agree this bdept for normal operations is wrong, we all agree the need for better education, and we all agree that the corruption needs to stop.
Written by: josean, 18 Mar 2010 4:25 PM

jonbonz,

As Ole Winston would say as he bounced Banistan on his knees:

That is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma!

I support Guillermo Moreno:

Who do you think can do the job!
Written by: jonbonz, 18 Mar 2010 4:52 PM
From: Dominican Republic, santo domingo
Thats my issue. I am a new immigrant just learning the language and the way of things. So politics I can not know as I can not yet really digest what is in the spanish news. So I just try to apply logic and common sense.
Here is what I am doing. I will not help my inlaws buy beer but I will pay for school supplys and help pay for colegio.
When I get stopped by police and asked for a propina to handle what ever they feel I did I tell them to just charge me and if the judge wants me to pay a fine I will but get the hell out of my face otherwise. If they say well it is a jailable offense I asked them to put this in writing with there name on it.
when I am in a governement office and something takes too long just because no one wants to work I thank everyone on the office for giving more sotries about how ineptd their department is when I tell my friends about them.
I pay my power, water and my import taxes. I have my residency and am learning Spanish Cont.
Written by: jonbonz, 18 Mar 2010 4:58 PM
From: Dominican Republic, santo domingo
Cont because I am holding myself to the standard I expect immigrants in my homeland to be held to.
I will start some businesses in the future but they are not goign to be importing stuff from China to sell to the locals just to send the money that is in short supply back out of the country.
I will not get into the sex trade. What I know is I am here and I live with the consequences of the BS. My cost of living is at least 30% higher than it needs to be just off of the fact that I need to supply myself with back ups to basic services that are not here.
Thank goodness I have a pension to allow me breathing room because frankly this country is automatic screw the gringo every chance they get.
Written by: josean, 18 Mar 2010 5:18 PM

jonbonz,

This is right up your alley:

March 17, 2010, 4:55 PM

Headaches of a Dominican client

SANTO DOMINGO (R. Dominicana) .- The service culture in the country limps on both legs. Despite the existence and persistence of Proconsumidor, the customer is rarely treated as subjects of rights.

Go to the link and try to get someone to translate it to you.

Written by: josean, 18 Mar 2010 5:43 PM
Another one that maybe of interest to you j!

ELECTRICITY / MAYOR

Celso called on the mayors to pay RD $ 4 billion, or he will cut their light

Marranzini: Municipalities receive 8 percent of the national budget, yet do not meet their payment obligations with energy distributors.

Written by: jonbonz, 18 Mar 2010 6:04 PM
From: Dominican Republic, santo domingo
I will read it tonight when things get quite here. I can actaully do well reading. I can reread things and make sure I have the content. I just have a hard time reading a whole bunch and digesting great amounts however I am getting better. And the news on TV is out unless I already have some information on the subject. My whole issue is all of us have desires for things to be better. I try to put out a few ideas on the individual level because this country has a bad case of importitus. Almost every single consumer good other than fresh produce is imported. WTF is up with that. Even fish are imported which is beyound my understanding with a direct link to the Atlantic Ocean here. I mean how is it cheaper to have the fish caught halfway around the world, processed frozen and then shipped here.
So these small little things I throw out are doable. I am building my home soon and it will be sefl contained for food and energy just so I dont have to deal with the BS anymore.
Written by: jonbonz, 18 Mar 2010 6:07 PM
From: Dominican Republic, santo domingo
In reference to the cities not payign there bill why is it not taken out of there budget before they get the money to spend.
Written by: matilda, 19 Mar 2010 8:31 AM
I think in this case you will find that Dominican justice actually works!! If you read the full sentence of the court, document number 053=2010 from the Camera Contenciosa, it explains that the organagram in Listin Diario was false, that all the Judicial and Investigating bodies had confirmed that this man was totally innocent, and that a deliberate and slanderous campaign had been launched against him by the man he beat to become candidate for the PLD. It concludes that his civil rights had been violated and ordered the PLD to nominate him as their official candidate.
Written by: GinnieBedggood, 19 Mar 2010 10:30 AM
Did I read that sentence correctly Matilda? Someone submitted a document saying that Danilo Feliz had resigned his candidacy, whereas in fact he hadn't? So therefore someone had faked his signature on this so-called resignation document. That's a bit......bold, isn't it?

Sounds like there could be quite a story here! Maybe Dominican Today would like to do a thorough investigation?
Written by: GinnieBedggood, 20 Mar 2010 1:05 AM
There IS quite a story here: from my reading Danilo Feliz won the primaries to be Mayoral candidate but the opposition (from within his own party the PLD) didn't like that so started a defamatory campaign including an attempt at linking his name to Figueroa Agosto. So Danilo Feliz applied to the Camera Contenciosa of the JCE and obtained a ruling is his favour that he is the rightful candidate.........all well & good? No! Having got his JCE ruling Danilo Feliz then found that the PLD totally ignored the ruling & inscribed as candidate the sitting Mayor, one Raoul Custodio, by SEQUESTERING the one and only copy of the form which had to be filled in. It's all in Clave Digital:

Sounds like something from Monty Python's Flying Circus although there's probably a better word to substitute Flying...............

Written by: TM_Burner, 20 Mar 2010 2:29 AM
From: United Kingdom
Whilst I totally understand the initial posters thinking "Yeah .... right, another wannabe drug-lord", the more I read about this case the more I believe the man has been shafted by his own party - the PLD.

Dominican Politics is a dirty business we all know but what is going on here smacks of something even dirtier hanging around UNDER the surface which only the re-election of the sitting candidate will allow to be hidden under the bedsheets. From what I read & hear about Danillo Feliz, he is a man well respected by the locals for honest & fair dealings. He has that rare quality in Dominican politicians - INTEGRITY! As long as he passes all the scrutiny required by the JCE (which he has passed) then the voters wishes should be respected. NO turning over of their ballot of November last year!

Feelings are running high over this case & the PLD should be aware of this by now AND ABIDE BY THE VOTERS' BALLOTED DECISION!

Pos
Written by: TM_Burner, 20 Mar 2010 2:36 AM
From: United Kingdom
Hmmm.......
New to this site so I over ran the 1000 word limit!

What I was going on to say is that possibly Danilo Feliz is TOO honest for the PLD & this is the reason they want to keep him out! It would be heartwarming to thin that an honest & professional reporter could step up to the plate & get the real answers about what is going on here! How about it 'Dominican Today'? Have you got such a person on your staff?
Written by: matilda, 20 Mar 2010 9:15 AM
Yes Danilo was shafted by those within his own party. 6 years as mayor in one of the richest municipalities in the country is not to be given up easily!! Hopefully the law will prevail and he will be registered soon as the candidate.
Written by: jonbonz, 20 Mar 2010 10:19 AM