Previous Next Close Gallery
Photo www.internationalist.org
Picture 1 of 2
Previous Next Zoom Picture

Santo Domingo.- A long pattern of violating citizens' constitutional rights through excessive force and unwarranted searches and “routine” harassment of people of Dominican descent plague Puerto Rico's police department, affirms a report to be released by the Justice Department Thursday.

A Department's civil rights division analysis states that the U.S. territory's police force is "broken in a number of critical and fundamental respects."

The report, which The New York Times obtained a copy before its official release, says bucking the trend of decreasing crime in the United States, violent crime in Puerto Rico jumped 17% from 2007 to 2009, when the territory in past years issues such as the cost of public education and job cuts also led a number of large protests. “Police confronted these challenges with too heavy a hand.”

Puerto Rico’s police used chemical agents in response to student protests in August 2009, it said, and included batons and physical force against protesters. It said the protesters at other demonstrations have been met with choke holds and rocks thrown by police. “Puerto Rico has used excessive force that has violated and suppressed people's right to exercise free speech.”

The Justice Department says there’s also evidence of unlawful search and seizure, a Fourth Amendment violation.

It said many of the abuses come from the police department's strategy of sending tactical officers for community policing,

The Justice Department report also found that the department fails to police sex crimes and cases of domestic violence, and discriminates by targeting people of Dominican descent. "We find that these deficiencies will lead to constitutional violations unless they are addressed."

COMMENTS
Written by: DONT_BE_SILENT, 8 Sep 2011 10:18 AM
From: Dominican Republic, NEVER FORGOTTEN, NOR FORSAKEN!
Let them do so; Im pretty sure they're not searching for law abiding citizens they have the right to protect their island and there are a lot of Dominican dealing in P.R.

I know that my comment is not popular but is the truth, look what the Haitians are doing in DR:
Written by: Atabey, 8 Sep 2011 10:27 AM
From: United States, Bring DT Forum Back--
English

Spanish

Police in Puerto Rico Are Accused of Abuses in Justice Dept. Report

The Puerto Rican police were criticized for their treatment of nonviolent demonstrators.
By CHARLIE SAVAGE and LIZETTE ALVAREZ
Published: September 8, 2011

WASHINGTON — In a blistering condemnation of the second-largest police force in the United States, the Justice Department is accusing the Puerto Rico Police Department of a “profound” and “longstanding” pattern of civil rights violations and other illegal practices that have left it “broken in a number of critical and fundamental respects.”

Written by: RonEvane This user is banned, 8 Sep 2011 11:00 AM
From: United States, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Ah, Bueno! Let me venture a guess and say we, Dominicans, don't like the way the puertoriqueños
treat our citizens. I mean, It's a flagrant violation of our rights, right? The overwhelming majority of Dominicans go there to find a better future for themselves and to work hard to help fee their families back home, no? A few of us engage in illicit dealings and pursuits, yes. But is this any reason to condemn us all?
If it were not because jobs are hard to find back home and gov't don't give a poop about us, I wouldn't be here putting up with all this abuse and harassment!

Now folks, substitute Dominicans for Haitians and what have you got?
The puertomaricones treat us there exactly the way we treat Hatians here!
Que dicen ustedes?

Written by: BASTA, 8 Sep 2011 11:00 AM
From: Dominican Republic, =Ghetto/Legalize Drugs/Free abortions for all Never Confuse Education with Intelligence
They are all Dominicans by desent- In ihe 1800 tens of thousands left for PR,,V.,C
Written by: Ricardolito, 8 Sep 2011 11:05 AM
From: Dominican Republic, Zona Colonial
I agree with this article ...many of my Dominican friends who have USA visas refuse to go with American airlines through Puerto Rico because of the hard time that the airport officials give to people from the DR .In fact I have numerous gringo friends who also say that they are picked on because they come from DR..
I am not too sure of the reason but I have often been told that the Puerto Ricon people think they are somewhat superior than Dominicans whereas they occupy the same exhalted high position in New York prisons .The Dominicans have the advantage of being a far more handsome and entertaining people and I think more tolerant ,,but have the same tigere mind
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 8 Sep 2011 11:11 AM
I think this is an issue left to the United Sates government which is the official government of the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the United Nations Human Rights Coalition. The way we handle illegal immigration in the Dominican Republic is an issue of the Dominican government which is the official government of the Dominican Republic after all. As long as peoples human rights arent violated it is a situation that must be left to the local authorities.
Written by: SALSOUL, 8 Sep 2011 11:22 AM
From: Dominican Republic, UNC-Chapel Hill
Why does this article does not surprise me at all? This hatred, injustice, treatment--whatever you want to call it--is nothing new. Their behavior toward our people has been blatant for so long!

SS
Written by: xwill7, 8 Sep 2011 11:34 AM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
ric, I always avoid flying into any PR airport... Too much hassle, PR let the power go to their heads. I am a born US citizen, they give Dominican-Americans such a hard time I can not even imagine how they treat Dominicans now. I have not been to PR in 10 years because of the madness... Dejame en mi Dominicana no necesito a PR!
Written by: Regan, 8 Sep 2011 11:36 AM
I'm a gringo and I avoid San Juan. Based on experience, bored cops are annoying cops. That airport has become vacant due to bad government policies, which is why American Airlines moved it's base out. Miami is better for entry. Different attitude, even with more consistent secondary inspections.
Written by: xwill7, 8 Sep 2011 11:39 AM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
Regan, that is correct. Also, PR can not compete with DR because they price everything like you are in mainland USA...Last time I was there it felt like a 3rd world country.
Written by: Lopez31, 8 Sep 2011 12:00 PM
Memo to all Puerto Ricans: We are not going over to take a bite out of your Welfare pie. Your welfare checks will still arrive in the mail. We go over to WORK.
Written by: xwill7, 8 Sep 2011 12:05 PM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
lol Lopez but so true
Written by: CarlosFranco, 8 Sep 2011 12:09 PM
From: United States, Brooklyn

That's why I would never travel there... been to many countries but pr never!

Written by: lsantiago77, 8 Sep 2011 12:11 PM
lmao good article and comments, number 1 when my brother flew to the NJ via PR he felt they were going to deport him, they really hate us dominicans and its a similar situation with us dominicans and haitians. problem is some or most dominicans go there to sell drugs so thats why they hate dominicans so much, just like here in DR we condemn all haitians for the few bad haitians that come to DR.
Written by: xwill7, 8 Sep 2011 12:25 PM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
Santiago77, I bet that you are still more scared of a DR cop than a PR cop lol
Written by: danny00, 8 Sep 2011 12:37 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
Are Accused of Abuses in Justice Dept. Report
nice that uncle sam keeps his eyes open for abuses. {if in fact their are any}

Memo to all Puerto Ricans: We are not going over to take a bite out of your Welfare pie. Your welfare checks will still arrive in the mail.{ We go over to WORK. are u f***ing kidding us?}
S***T I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY DOMINICANS GET THE EXTRA SECURITY AT THE AIRPORTS? WE ARE ALL AS MR. RICKY SAID
{The Dominicans have the advantage of being a far more handsome and entertaining people and I think more tolerant ,,but have the same tigere mind}
YES THE JAILS IN PUERTO RICO AND IN THE STATES ARE FULL OF SO-CALLED HANDSOME AND ENTERTAINING TOLERANT PEOPLE?} AS BY MR. RICKY. {IF HE SAID IT IT MUST BE TRUE? EVEN A FEW IN THE JAILS IN THE BAHAMAS NO? {THE GUYS THAT WHERE FISHING IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS?} YEAH SURE THEY WHERE. LOL
Written by: lsantiago77, 8 Sep 2011 12:40 PM
Written by: xwill7, 8 Sep 2011 12:25 PM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
Santiago77, I bet that you are still more scared of a DR cop than a PR cop lol

let me just say this will, if a dominican cop asks me to stop at night i hit the gas like its a nascar race, if a puerto rican cop asks me to stop i would, there is too much corruption in DR which does not allow me to feel safe with any dominican in law enforcement.
Written by: lsantiago77, 8 Sep 2011 12:40 PM
Written by: xwill7, 8 Sep 2011 12:25 PM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
Santiago77, I bet that you are still more scared of a DR cop than a PR cop lol

Written by: danny00, 8 Sep 2011 12:44 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
because if one needs to find work why? because his government does not make any jobs for their own people does not this person dominican, gringo's, russian, china, the right to {sneak into some other country} does it?
u think that puerto rico or any other country needs more dish washers, ladies of the night, drug dealers, pimps in their country now with the hard times going on in the world?
dominicans with an education, a good job do not "sneak in the night time across some other countrys border's do they?"

let the dr government make jobs, give a formal education to its own people so they dont have to travel to distant and strange lands to try and make a living.

Written by: xwill7, 8 Sep 2011 12:46 PM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
lol santiago77... Scary to run from a DR cop because you know what could happen if the shoot and ask later... PR has to follow US rules? lol
Written by: danny00, 8 Sep 2011 12:52 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
if u think the police in puerto rico are tough on dominicans, u better see what is going on in the jails over in the bahamas, they are really tough on the cubans and domincans. u dont want to be in their jails.
guess they dont want to be know as a stop over for people trying to get into the states.
anyway puerto rico is full of crime last year they had to call out the national guard to police the streets, very few jobs over there and for sure they :hate dominicans" i when growing up in brooklyn lived with them.
if one is to be poor
dont be poor in africa or the dr.
be poor in the united states if that is your case.
Written by: lovingit, 8 Sep 2011 12:57 PM
From: United States, Delaware
I have heard the horror stories about the immigration officials in PR from close friends and family. Things have been as bad as ripping people's passports and cutting greencards right on their faces. So yes, it looks some of the people that obtain some authority let their power go to their heads, but the same happens with many people (incuding Dominicans) that obtain some power, it's like they are trying to prove superiority due to their lack of self-esteem

There are good and bad PRicans, and the truth is, most are good, especially those on the island (very warm people), so let's not condem a whole set of people due to the actions of a few that unfortunately, due to their positions, have the ability to affect the masses.
Written by: Lopez31, 8 Sep 2011 2:09 PM
Danny00, tu si habla mierda!
Written by: cibaeño75, 8 Sep 2011 2:17 PM
From: United States, Brooklyn
I've been to Puerto Rico many times and I've never had a problem...I had a great time each time I went and plan to return someday again.
Written by: xwill7, 8 Sep 2011 2:23 PM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
cib,
Was you flight a direct flight from NYC to PR and back?
or
Was your flight a connection flight from DR to USA connecting in PR?

They don't treat you the same on both flights
Written by: Je_Suis_Haitien, 8 Sep 2011 2:23 PM
From: Haiti
Puerto ricans do it to Domimicans Domincians do it to Haitians.. Americans do it to Mexicans. Never ending cycle
Written by: cibaeño75, 8 Sep 2011 4:09 PM
From: United States, Brooklyn
I've always gone directly when I visited the island...one time I had a connecting flight to NY in San Juan coming back from Santiago and my brother and I exchanged words with some idiot but it wasn't a big deal...he got the short end of the stick when we were done LOL
Written by: maitreyiv, 8 Sep 2011 4:36 PM
I am a dominiquena, born in DR and grew up in PR, and I love them both. That why i do not mix the police and the real loving boricuas!
Written by: RonEvane This user is banned, 8 Sep 2011 5:54 PM
From: United States, Gaithersburg, Maryland
I've been around for a long time. I've had a lot of experience dealing with all kinds of people from all over the world and this are my impressions gathered....
... from Cubans: They brag about wealth they never had and accomplishments that's real only in their own minds. Mas embusteros que'l Diablo!

...From Dominicans: Mostly burros from el campo that profess to know all there is, but know diddly and make zero sense. Charlatans, come to mind.

.... From Puertoleakmyassholes: They are truly superior to any other Latin-American Because they are not Latins, they are AMERICANS and they live in "la isla del encanto"! Come mierda y altaneros como nadie! A narcissistic society, if I ever saw one!

There you have it: my assessment. what say you?

Written by: daswolfgang, 8 Sep 2011 7:06 PM
From: United States, north hills ,NY
Like will said ,i avoid to go by puerto rico to US.
Written by: BernardJeanPierre, 8 Sep 2011 7:15 PM
From: United States, Earth
ironic
Written by: antonio1, 8 Sep 2011 7:57 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Av Santa Rosa, La Romana
Dominicans don't go there....Haitian don't come here...simple!!
Written by: mannyberrios, 8 Sep 2011 9:49 PM
There is about 250,000 Dominicans living in Puerto Rico today. All of them abuses were against the college students at the UPR. And the horror stories with the tear gas and all that were done to Puerto Ricans in Loiza. Things are not as bad as this story says with the Dominican community , and thank god there are alot of Dominicans living here, because they make Puerto Rico a better place to live. This is a bad story, because it is not all about the Dominicans it is about the police force in general. The Dominicans here in Puerto Rico have a good amount of power, and would not allow all this crap to happen if it was all true.
Written by: airgordo, 8 Sep 2011 10:04 PM
Written by: Ricardolito

--------

Although never misstreated by commom PR people, I FULLY back up this statetement as TRUE specially by CBP officers when go in, in fact tomorrow i'm going to DR via PR, i would really think it A LOT if i have to do the opposite, i would try anything for my company not to book me throug
Written by: mannyberrios, 8 Sep 2011 10:16 PM
This story is about the Puerto Rican Police force, and not about the Customs agents. That would be another story.
Written by: Nehesy, 9 Sep 2011 6:13 AM
From: France, London / Paris
We were stop at the customs when I returned to PR from the DR few months ago, they told me some BS, I was supposed to have lost something in PR few years ago , but it was our first trip in this island.

> From Paris to Miami : no problems with Miami customs
> From Miami to San Juan : no problems with PR customs
Written by: the_haitian, 9 Sep 2011 6:15 AM
From: United States, west orange new jersey
Welcome to my world baby its all about money. When I go to dr the only problem I have is dominican don't want to believe I am haitian unless I speak creole. I am dark skin. They don't see my blacknes just my $$$$ that how it is trust me they will not dominican with money like that just like dominican don't treat haitian with money bad
Written by: Nehesy, 9 Sep 2011 11:55 AM
From: France, London / Paris
All the AAs brothers in the DR are called gringo LOL so I guess the dollar bill made them Gringo
Written by: danny00, 9 Sep 2011 1:57 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
this story made the front pages of the miami hearld today.

– Violent crime is on the rise in Puerto Rico—and the police department is part of the problem, a scathing new report from the Justice Department concludes. The department is “broken in a number of critical and fundamental respects,” according to a copy of the report obtained by the New York Times. Police systematically use excessive force, perform illegal searches, discriminate against Dominicans, and attack protesters and journalists to suppress free speech, the report finds. At the same time, officers “fail to adequately police sex assault and domestic violence.”
Written by: danny00, 9 Sep 2011 2:01 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
Far too many PRPD officers have broken their oath to uphold the rule of law,” the report finds. From January 2005 to November 2010, a whopping 1,709 officers have been arrested (including this major bust), for charges ranging from assault to drug trafficking to murder. The 116-page report is among the Justice Department’s most critical ever, and paves the way for a federal lawsuit. It also recommends 133 immediate changes to radically overhaul the department

!wow! in 5 years 1,709 officers arrested. so when u go to puerto rico its like going from the fire to the FRYING PAN.. MUCH MORE TO THIS STORY IT SEEMS MANY POLICE WHERE INVOLVED IN FRAMING AND KILLING PEOPLE.BET MANY WHERE DOMINICANS? STAY HOME YOUR BETTER OFF I GUESS?
Written by: danny00, 9 Sep 2011 2:02 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
justice dept spent 5 years looking into this matter.

god-bless uncle sam.
[wonder how many dominicans are missing their familys thinking they where lost at sea?]
Written by: danny00, 9 Sep 2011 2:49 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
DONT WORRY IF YOUR A TOURISTS THE POLICE WILL TAKE CARE OF U AND YOUR FAMILY.

Fernandez wants more talk on crime
With crime in the Dominican Republic at its highest ever levels and rising, President Leonel Fernandez announced that a panel has been set up to discuss what to do and called on people from all walks of life to attend. Speaking at the formal inauguration of a vocational school in Santiago and a housing project in La Barranquita yesterday, President Leonel Fernandez called for all sectors of Santiago and the Cibao to participate in debates at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) university in Santiago. He will attend the deliberations on crime in the Cibao to look into measures to strengthen prevention and citizen security, as reported in Listin Diario. FOR SURE THEY WILL

Written by: PRTreat10, 9 Sep 2011 2:53 PM
I tired of people talking bad about Puerto Ricans or Dominicans. Listen as a Puerto Rican I can say there are bad Puerto Ricans & Good Puerto Ricans there are bad Dominicans & there are Good Dominicans. I have gotten treadted nicely in DR & I have also gotten treated badly in DR so it's not just Puerto Rico.

I hate when people put these negative comments on here especially when they say that Dominicans are not going to Puerto Rico to steal welfare checks let me tell you alot of Dominicans are on welfare in the Island it's not just Puerto Ricans.

I love my Puerto Ricans just like I love my Dominicans out of all of the Islands we are the closes in relation to each other we come from the same roots so let this be a lesson every time a Puerto Rican talks bad about a Dominican or a Dominican is talking bad about a Puerto Rican you are only talking bad about yourself.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 9 Sep 2011 7:38 PM
From: Haiti
do you understand now what feel the haitians?
Don't cry, the way you treat haitians is the same way, the PR treat you.
But the haitians who have money are best treat by the dominicans then the dominicans who have money is mistreated by the puerto ricans.
I know a puerto rican who tell me;
they don't hate DOMINICANS WHEN the dominicans stay in DR.
For him all the dominicans are aliens, and criminals, and come steal his food!
Written by: platano70, 9 Sep 2011 9:29 PM
That is is so terrible, but as mentioned on these posts, Dominicans treat Haitians peor...some feel superior because they have a major need and come to DR to work...let's try to have our people treat Haitians better, then we can point fingers.
Written by: airgordo, 10 Sep 2011 12:27 AM
ILLEGALS should be DEPORTED, that is the way to treat them , the PR and americans do this, WE DON'T
Written by: xwill7, 10 Sep 2011 9:28 AM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
kiskey,
This article is not about haiti. You always think about yourself first
Written by: xwill7, 10 Sep 2011 9:31 AM
From: United States, El cuarto bate
Why ricans can't say the letter R? True question...
Why say cahkjo instead of carro???
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 10 Sep 2011 3:37 PM
XWILL
i told the truth, Dominicans think they are superiors but the PR hate the dominicans.
And for them, you are the shit of the earth! it's not me who told that.
In believable, the first time i met a puerto rican, i said to him, are you dominican?, he told me are you crazy? those dominicans are ugly, idiot,and we puerto ricans are nice, beautiful persons. I was shocked, he told me if you don't want have problem don't confuse dominican and puerto rican, we are superiors.
Written by: RBenito, 10 Sep 2011 10:42 PM
From: United States, Boca Raton
We all need Jesus in this life –
This is the nature of human being..
French don’t like Americans - Americans don’t like Mexicans
Syrians don’t like Indians
Israelis, Lebanon don’t like Syrians
White Haitians don’t like Black Haitians
Dominicans don’t like black Dominicans ( they call them Haitians) 85% Dominicans are blacks
(Take a look at the Police, the Amet, the Army) they all look Haitianos
Puerto Ricans don’t like Dominicans; they call them pigs, low life, no values (better say you are Haitian in Puerto Rico)
Americans treat Puerto Ricans like craps – Second class citizen (Better off saying you are Haitian-American or Dominican-American)
LOOOL – Jamaicans don’t like Haitians (they say they want to be classic, and they speak French)
Haitians, don’t like Africans ( they say they are so black, they blue)
Am I missing anything?
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 11 Sep 2011 6:59 PM
From: Haiti
yes, how you can change the ignorant of earth, to change their attitudes?
Written by: PRTreat10, 13 Sep 2011 9:47 AM
I have alot of Dominican friends & I'm Puerto Rican not all Puerto Rican's hate DR's & Not all DR's hate Puerto Ricans. We need to stop this Gossip & Rumors. When you spread a Rumor it becomes powerful. If you Stop the Rumors it does not get strenght.

Wether you like it or not PR's & DR's are going to always be united. We in Puerto Rico wether you know it or not have embraced our DR brothers & sisters trust me if we didn't there would be alot of violence and DR's would have no choice but to leave. Just like if PR's lived in DR and DR's didn't want us there they would force us out.

So instead of feeding the negative comments lets talk about our Closeness to each other & our similarities to each other. Don't let a few ignorant people's comments ruin our beautifull cultures.

Solidaridad Con mis hermanos Dominicanos y Puerto Riqueños que Dios Bendiga nuestra genete siempre.
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 13 Sep 2011 11:09 AM
Listen, I am 100% Dominican and very proud of it. I do not hate Puerto Ricans, never have never will. It is normal for any country recieving a large amount of immigrants from another country to protest and have a biast opinion on the situation. The situation will only improve when the Haitian, Dominican, Puerto Rican governments create more jobs, better education, better healthcare systems and take care of all the social needs of their societies. I do not hate Haitians but I want Haitians in Haiti, Dominicans in Dominican Republic and Puerto Ricans in Puerto Rico! I know it is hard to accomplish but not impossible.
Written by: Jason129, 18 Sep 2011 1:27 PM
I am an American Puerto Rican and I know why the resentment exists between our peoples.
So close in proximity but we have differences. What we have in common is the Spanish and Taino heritage. What makes us different is that PR ended up in the hands of the United States, and the Dominicans ended up in the hands of the Haitians who came in and took the women for 22 years. Dominicans have had to face this ugly part of their past but remember that the Haitians did the same thing that the Spanish did to our native ancestors. The end result is that Dominicans are still very beautiful people. There are plenty of whites who envy people of color for many reasons: we look younger longer, and the racial mix makes good looking people.
The concensus in almost every country is that white is better but I'd rather be rich and black than white and poor. Its really all about money and education. Just ask the ARABS - they don't waste time on this type of hate. Learn to love yourself and make it happen
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 18 Sep 2011 4:52 PM
Jason
You show to the Dominicans with your writen, their problems are HAITIANS!

But the intelligents dominicans know, their own blood are HAITIANS. the two nations share the same island and the haitians like pr and dr have also the taino heritage!
the haitians don't have did the same that spaniard have do in dr, you know this, stop to lie!
If a dominican woman love the haitians is a crime? Those two people (HAITIAN AND DOMINICANS) are condamne to live together! it's time to work together!
Don't try to hide the hate of PR for the DOMINICANS, I already meet a pr, who tell me, don't take me for a dominicans, he said me, the dominicans are ugly and the most are thiefs, and me i belong to a beautiful people!
For the other sentences you write, why you talk about the colour? It's time to understand, the color, you have, don't do your superiority, a lot of racist people don't understand this!
Written by: tunbagobierno, 18 Sep 2011 6:26 PM
@KISKEYAMAN

Since when is "Haitian" a race?
Written by: Jason129, 19 Sep 2011 12:20 PM
kiskeyaman,
You are right, the whole island of Hispaniola had Tainos. I'm not the PR that told you Dominicans are ugly and stupid compared to Puerto Ricans. I'm not hiding hatred for anybody. In my lifetime,
I've had good friends both Haitian and Dominican, and I've dated beautiful women with ties to both sides of Hispaniola. I was highlighting what happened as a way to understand the differences in our cultural makeup. PR has African people but they didn't come in and force themselves on our women. With this history, is it any wonder why so many Dominicans marry other Hispanics outside of their own? I know proud DRs who would never marry outside, but it must be hard for many others who are looking to get back to who they were before the Haitian invasions. THink about it, if I came into your house, pushed you out of the way, took your woman,
got her pregnant, put my feet up on your couch for 22 years, would your future relatives be proud of my addition to your heritage? I think not.
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 23 Sep 2011 5:57 PM
Kiskeyaman,

We are all very similar in many things but we are closer to Puerto Ricans and Cubans than we are to Haitians. This is not because of the color of the skin but because of a commong history, culture, background and upbringing. We are all brothers and sisters but Haitians are Haitian and Dominican are Dominican. Stop saying that we are the same peopel because we are too different. When I visited Haiti for the first time I felt lost. I did not understand the language, the culture was different and it was not like back home on the other side of the island. I did see many similarities but more were the differences than the similarities. In Puerto Rico I saw many difference and many similarities but by far we are closer in culture to Puerto Ricans and Cubans than we are to Haitians. However that is not the problem we have with haitians. The problem we have with Haitians and would have had with any other ethnic group is the poor illegal immigration.
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 23 Sep 2011 6:01 PM
I mention poor because the honest truth is that if it were rich investors coming to the country it would not be such a burden on our already poor and empoverished nation. If it were that Haiti was a rich and developed nation and most Haitians coming were investing millions and creating employment for our people we would not have this problem. Yet that is not the case and we as Dominicans cannot hold the burden of having the poorest nation on the western hemisphere living off of our land, competing with us for our jobs, deforesting our forests, and using our health, education and housing funds. I am sorry if this may sound harsh but it is the honest truth.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 23 Sep 2011 6:54 PM
ojedamaggiolo80

'The problem we have with Haitians and would have had with any other ethnic group is the poor illegal immigration.'

You have the problem everywhere in the world! You have maybe a lot of common things with the pr.
But he kicked the DR because you have also like haiti,the poor illegal immigration in PR !
the problem is everywhere in the world!
My problem with a lot of DOMINICANS, it's he talk always the bad things, but he doesn't talk about the good things HAITIANS BRING FOR DR! in french we have a proverb which say, you want the money of butter and the butter! It's unbelievable!

Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 23 Sep 2011 7:00 PM
ODEJAMA
for your second thought!
let me tell you if haiti was a rich country, i don't think the haitians comes in your country!
You think it's a joy for haitians to come in your country? No, a lot of problem they meet in your country believe me!
I prefer a haitian come in france that in DR, THE DOMINICANS ARE MORE RACISTS THAN THE FRENCH!
the dominicans believe they are white, it's unbelievable to see that!
The cuban it's more amical than the dominicans!
Without HAITI your country is nothing believe me!
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 23 Sep 2011 7:11 PM
Jason 129
your last sentence is a lie of the spaniard!
you can write what you want but i know, the PR in a great percentage hate the dominicans!
I know well your country, i love your women, the love me too lol!
I can tell you i always meet a lot who don't hide me the hate they have about the dominicans!
Let me tell you and a lot of people, we can fight for a earth, but don't forget a day, we will go under the earth, and i find a lot of idiot in the site who cultive the hate! a lot of racist people is in the site, but i can say i always meet between 3 and 5 peoples who have a great maturity here, after that a lot of people who waste the time to critic my country! give a break to haiti, and you i am sure you are not PR! JUST A DOMINICANS WHO PREFER RAISED THE HATE OF DR ABOUT HAITI!
YOU CAN WROTE WHAT YOU WANT BUT I KNOW LIKE A LOT OF DR HATE HAITIANS, A LOT OF PR HATE DOMINICANS
I HOPE JESUS SPEAK IN YOUR HEART
Written by: airgordo, 23 Sep 2011 8:06 PM
I'm yet to SEE what GOOD has EVER come from Haiti to DR...i would like to take that Good and WEIGHT IT over the Bad. let's see where the balance goes...

i.e. NO DISEASE has been brought to PR from DR, can you say they same from Haiti to DR???...that is just ONE example of MANY.
Written by: Jason129, 23 Sep 2011 9:30 PM
Mr. Kiskeyaman,

You are a funny guy. I've known Haitians for many years, and when they say that they love Puerto Rican women, what they really mean is that they lust after white women. Our dark ladies are not what you find fascinating because you can get that right at home. I'll tell you what I used to tell them: If you can get it, God Bless You! I know that Haiti was punished for beating back the French
all those years ago. Unfortunately for you, the world is controlled by white people and that is why your country is suffering to this day. This is the reason why Hispanics talk about the whites in their background and shun the black part of the heritage if there is any. Black is negative almost every where. The crazy thing is that most men love the African body type. I know I do. That booty is made of brick and will bring any man to his knees! Even Trujillo, who took revenge on your people, loved his women to have the big butt! We are all just human beings that want the same things
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 24 Sep 2011 5:49 PM
From: Haiti
JASON( with your name of white us)
Let me educate yourself, i see you are a racist man! especially in your last sentences when you write about the black!
in first, i can tell you if you think about the disease like cholera, i can told you it's not haiti who bring this diseas in haiti and in DR! the autor of this disease is the soldier of NEPAL, educate yourself!
Let me told you little PR, HAITIAN you hate are a great people, yes they kick a lot of racist white of bull sh*t like you and if we can do that again, we will goin do that! Let me tell you THANKS TO HAITI the trade balancial of DR is grow, thanks to haitians, you make a lot of progress in the tuarist.
In the past who help DR to kick the spaniards in DR? not the PR, you are the prostituate of USA now you replace CUBA! YOu are very racist! it's your problem for me a racist is a crazy person especially a frustrate person who can support the beauty of the black!
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 24 Sep 2011 5:57 PM
JASON
'Our dark ladies are not what you find fascinating because you can get that right at home'
AAHHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA you are more funny even you are a racist ignorant!

Your women white love our dick especially us HAITIANS, yes we are not spaniard it's for that we are not like you with a little sex! Our parents are AFRICANS, AND i am proud to be haitian and have parents AFRICANS!
THE WORLD Is bad, because the white manage the world, they white people bring the disease everywhere, it's the race who committed the more crime in the world, i don't see why i would want to be white! You have a lot of blood in your hands, you are frustrated, the pollution, the disease are bring by the white! despite the centuries of slave, the black is awake, we take their jobs now, your women love the black because we are the best!
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 24 Sep 2011 6:05 PM
jason

'Unfortunately for you, the world is controlled by white people and that is why your country is suffering to this day. This is the reason why Hispanics talk about the whites in their background and shun the black part of the heritage if there is any'.Black is negative almost every where.

Unhappy? AHAHHHHAHAHAHAHHA go in your cradle man, u are a crazy PR! You hate DR AND HAITIANS and now all blacks? AHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH
Let me tell you little crap,if true what you write about HISPANICS, then i understand your problem of identity unhappy i understand why the DR and THE PR have the problem of IDENTITY!
Do you know if you don't recognized the part of you, it's the more big disease you can have! Sorry for you but i think the black heritage is perfect, the white is the race the more criminals in this world! the most big killer and the big thiefs in the world are white. IF YOU think you can put the blacks in slave again you are crazY! YES I LOVE GIVE MY BIG DICK IN YOUR WOMEN.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 24 Sep 2011 6:25 PM
JASON
let me tell you white pr, the women of Haiti are very beautiful women, brave, nice,helpful, and I tell you, i marry with her. I will not marry your women in heat! I just do what i must do whith her, you understand!
I advice you, to explain the hate your countrymen have for the DOMINICANS WHO look like you so! AAHAHHAHAHAHAH
If you are white is not a good thing to be what you are!
everywhere u go, you throw the hate, the violence,the division,you steal the land of the people, you bring the disease; and don't forget you have create two wall in the world!
don't be frustrated, THE DOMINICANS love you and you hate the DOMINICANS,
what slap for the dominicans?
most of them thinks, they are not black like you, and in your home you treat better the blacks haitians!
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 24 Sep 2011 6:29 PM
JASON
PR You are lost,if you are so proud to be hispanic, then do like the other Hispanic countries,you must have some courage and go ask your independance to uncle SAM. And after come to speak with me, now your own little island belong to USA!
comprendo amigo ahahahaaahhhahahahhahaaa

Good, we are Humans, and if you don't understand this, so cut a little of your skin and see what is the colour of your blood!
I hope is not green!
Written by: Jason129, 24 Sep 2011 9:16 PM
My my my, you are quite angry indeed. Don't come with that Independence crap. Are you or your people independent from poverty? We are all in a choke hold. Most of your people can't wait to make it to either DR or best case scenario PR. Maybe if you can finally make it to uncle sam's
US of A, you will be able to improve your life and stop hating. You may get your hands on the Puerto Rican coco, but remember that the ones who jump in the sack with you are lost souls with no brain. Intelligent PR women would never even look at you. Our culture is not just Spanish and Black. We have other Northern European nations that are also part of the mix. Why do you think we are part of the United States? Why would such a big powerful country let go of the island that has some of their own cultural people? This is a great benefit to you and your people as you now have a shot at a better life by finding a way to sneak in. Remember that the jealousy and hatred is only going to leave you broke.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 25 Sep 2011 12:57 PM
Jason
you are very pathetic man, AHAHHAHAAH!
You write i have some hartred in my heart? an jealous?
Are you crazy?
Nobody are jealous about your country no your littl island! I don't think you are pr, you have a lot of hatred in your heart, you have not identity§
the usa is down, they already come in HAITI, the do nothing, we don't want USA in HAITI!
SINCE A LONGTIME WE PREFER TO LIVE POOR but free!
stop your hate, and stop your racism, and wash yourself, i feel a lot of negative things!

yes i am angry when i see a ignorant person like you!
a person who are very idiot and try to divise the two people DOMINICAN AND HAITIANS!
LOOK AT FOR YOUR RELATIONS WITH DOMINICANS, you treat theim like animals in your country and now you try to put fire in the oil between the two people who share the same island!
YOU ARE A SATAN MAN!
Written by: Jason129, 25 Sep 2011 11:52 PM
I am American. I'm not treating Dominicans or Haitians like crap in PR. My grandparents are from the island. You are the ignorant one who has no respect for women. I've been with your sisters intimately, but I never used them and tossed them like garbage as you say you've done to my women in such a dirty way. If I was lucky enough to get close to a Haitian or Dominican female,
it was because I treated them right. Don't tell me that I'm dividing you and the Dominican people.
You did that to yourselves when you couldn't stay on your side of the island. Hispaniola is one place, but you are not one people. Even though they carry some of your blood, the culture is Spanish. And we know how much you hate them. So how can you talk about working together?
You are the one full of hate. Haiti had a bad earthquake, and who helped you? The Dominicans could have stood back and celebrated this tragedy for what you did to them, and they were the first people on hand to help. The "USA" also helped
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 26 Sep 2011 11:26 AM
JASON
by your written you show in the site you are not only a real idiot, but you show you don't know who you are. Now you tell you are American while earlier you said you're Puerto Rican! but i know before you say that! You are white racist, and you treat the black of negative thing of people!
And now you say i bring hate? You are a racist and perfect idiot of the village!
Let me tell you, we don't need your lesson, I don't know why i waste my time with a person who have the great disease of the world(lost of identity)
Give a break to HAITI and DR, go to help, the full op people in your country who have a great problem economic! The HAITIANS FEMALE don't want you, I am sure you are very ugly!
let me tell you, Your country USA lost his notation AAA under the stock exchange, soon you will lost your first place in the world. CHina will replace you!
What help? VENEZUELA help more haiti! you give your NGO, the money you say you give!
Your f*ck bill clinton has destroyed our rice.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 26 Sep 2011 11:44 AM
JASON139-129 LOL
Let me tell you, the white female want look like the black woman!
they remake their buttocks, she remake their little lips, for have big lips!
they make all for bronser!
the black is beautiful, you understand?
even your wife and the guy make too for look like the blacks!
the future belong the blacks and the mix people!
let me tell you, the president who make a lot of crap in the world and in your country was a white! the white people are the big pedophiles of world!
and who try to repare his crap?
Not a white!
Go to your cradle and go to help your country!
A lot of nations hate Americans! You put the crap in the world!
GO to
The times has changed!
I think you miss a lot of maturity!
Go to help your country usa, instead to put your venom here racist person!
I am sure you live in texas or ALABAMA, OR PORTO RICO!
I AM SURE YOUR ARE FOR THE DEALTH penaly!
hide your face, your heart is full of hatred!
Written by: Nehesy, 26 Sep 2011 12:07 PM
From: France, London / Paris
Spanish and Portuguese cultures are the most close to african culture due to :

- Muslim Moors occupation for 700 years ( a group with Berbers white, mulattoes and blacks ; Arabs and Black Subsaharan Africans)

- Yusuf Ibn Tashfin the almoravide ruler and creator of Marrakesh ( Murra-Kush) was a Soninke by his mother (west africa group based in Mali/Senegal) and he went to war with his uncles from the Soninke group and Toucouleurs (from the Tekrour region , 99,99 % of them speaking fulani).

- African dances were known in Spain in Portugal due to the first slaves imported there, but also because many of them lived in Africa with Africans.

- African culture was spread by the spanish conquistadores (many of them being blacks or Mulattoes) : everybody should check the picture of the Black (Angola/Congo) conquistadore Juan Garrido in Old San Juan Museum (Museo de Nuestra Raiz Africana) , he would be called haitiano in 2011 lol

Written by: Nehesy, 26 Sep 2011 12:18 PM
From: France, London / Paris
Napoleon the MF used to say that Africa starts after the Pyrennees Mountain :

- Spain has been occupied in Antiquity by the nubians from Soudan ( working under the Lybian Rulers of Egypt), the future Pharoah/ King Taharqa was among them
- Carthaginians (Hannibal and his africans soldiers) were in spain
- The first inhabitants of spains were not white folks
- Africans (white, mulattoes, blacks) stayed in spain for 700 yrs

Because of the One Drop Rule ( an heritage of ancient rome slave society/system : partus sequitur ventrem), the English -Saxons see the latinos as blacks or colored. This is the reason why Will Smith or Denzel Washington are allowed to kiss Eva Mendes in a movie . Before them Jim Brown and Raquel Welch.

You can be white like the snow, for the one drop rule system you're not white guys.

Denzel or Will are not allowed to kiss a white anglo-saxon woman in their movies (or it's cut) but they can sleep with a Latina. Do the maths !!!
Written by: Nehesy, 26 Sep 2011 12:24 PM
From: France, London / Paris
I give you that One Drop Rule is a very racist law and it was done to preserve the property or Chattel. Latino can be white or Black/Mulatto or Native Indian.

But Spanish culture is the closest culture to African culture along with Portuguese (and also Greek culture). Do your research and you'll have the full scope :)
Written by: Je_Suis_Haitien, 26 Sep 2011 7:58 PM
From: Haiti
Haitians did not make D.R. dark their own African roots did... just like majority of every hispanic country some are lighter than other but remember Africa runs through all our bloods. no matter how light or how dark.. there is an African Mother in the mix at one point in history or the other........so respect what the African slaves did for our tropical countries gave us rhythm, curves, spice, over all culture....we as humans always feel inferior or superior to others.. that is our nature who cares.. when any of us are eating rice & beans or a mango who cares.
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 28 Sep 2011 5:31 PM
Kiskeyaman,

I never said we do not have the problem everywhere in the world but just as I said before, Puerto Rico has all the right to protest against poor illegal Dominican Immigration into their nation. Why? Because it is a burden on their economy. Yes immigrants bring cheap labor but the burden is heavier than the benefits. As I said before I do not have a problem with Haitians, I have a problem with illegal immigration coming from anywhere in the world even my own!
Written by: Je_Suis_Haitien, 28 Sep 2011 5:46 PM
From: Haiti
I hear you on illegal immigration. But in all reality who can stop it. Countries with the means are able to curb the flow of illegal migrants.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 28 Sep 2011 5:48 PM
Nehesy
thank your for your informations, i hope jason will understand now that latino have a lot of blood black even they have a white skin!

the HAITIEN
yes they have also haitian blood! a lot of dominican have haitian blood not only African blood!
even i know the haitian have AFRICAN BLOOD!

OJEDAMA
How you can have a problem with illegal person?
I can understand you don't like the effect under your country but you can hate someone who look for a better life! if you was in the same problem you will understand what happen in their life of illegal people!
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 28 Sep 2011 5:49 PM
No ofcourse it is not something that any government can completely stop but laws must be enforced an deportations need to happen. Otherwise we would be completely doomed!
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 29 Sep 2011 9:11 AM
Kiskeyaman,

You are putting words in my mouth that I did not say. I never said I hate illegal immigrants. I am against illegal immigration no matter where it is coming from. The effect of illegal immigration to any nation is a burden and yes I know people are desperate but that is just not the way the world works. There are laws, rules and regulations which we all must obey and if you do not you must know that you will have to face the consequences. It is a fact of life until we leave this earth.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 1 Oct 2011 12:37 PM
ojedamaggiolo80
What solution do you suggest?

Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 4 Oct 2011 3:16 PM
There is no solution to this problem. However, each nation must to take action to enforce their immigration rules and regulations so that the world can cope with this problem easier. The world must pressure the Haitian government to better the lives of their citizens so that their wont be as much need to immigrate to the Dominican Republica and likewise to the Dominican Government so that Dominicans wont immigrate to PR and the same to PR so that their people wont immigrate to the USA. On the meantime I cannot get upset because Puerto Rico takes action against illegal Dominicans in PR and you cannot get upset because Dominican Republic takes action against illegal Haitians in DR! It is just the way it is. What you can do is put pressure on your government so that it can better the lives of Haitians in Haiti so that they wont immigrate anywhere in the world. Likewise for me and my country. If it were for me,I'd want my country to be so rich that no Dominican would have to leave!
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 4 Oct 2011 5:46 PM
From: Haiti
Ok it's not bad to think like that!
But i think we have an solution! the first solution is to try to stop the corruption.
there are too much person who work in the government who have several jobs and that is everywhere. It's time to ask the world to stop to accept that the persons who practice the corruption in their country to come put money in their banks.
How you can say a world to male pressure to a government who don't have the means or the willingness to help the poor! Now we have a man with his team who want grow haiti!
we have a lot of bilionnaire haitian in the other country even in REP DR.
It was good if we make a better climate for help theim to come back for developp some enterprise for that the haitian stay in his house!
You know the haitians don't like to go in the house of another nations but you know, the look for a better life is for that the come in your house or another house!
the haitians in the world are the less violent immigrant! believe me!
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 4 Oct 2011 5:48 PM
From: Haiti
I am angry against your country not because the send the haitian illegal in haiti.
But because the manner to send the persons, often the persons are send into haiti and the sons and the daugter stay in DR.
The money the persons have, stay in DR.
OFTEN the send the persons at 2 Oclock am!
It's time to change the manner of sh*t!
Written by: Jason129, 4 Oct 2011 6:32 PM
The one drop rule is ridiculous. That would mean that every white person in America is black.
The truth is that most people have African blood somewhere if their people co existed with Africans or their descendants in the new world. To answer the Kiskeya man, you need to know that although I'm an American, this country is very racist and when someone says, Where are you from?, they really want to know what you are and not where you were born. That is why I consider myself PR even though I was born and raised as an American.
In the USA, you are treated differently by your physical appearance. Obama is the first black President because of his look - his mother is a Nordic white woman, so really, he is the first bi racial President. But not here. And are you sure about Black men kissing white women on screen? Remember that back when Jim Brown was paired with Rachel, she was hiding behind a white name and passing as such. It didn't come out for years thast she was half latina.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 4 Oct 2011 6:49 PM
jason129
what you want to say me? Your exemple have nothing to my solution?
You cannot speak without speak about the color of the person?
It's a real problem in the head of the latinos! or racist white
They talk always about black and white is for that your are divised in your head!
Are you know who are you really? you give me the impression of a man who are very lost!
you are what you are and you cannot hide that!
I am haitian, if you see me you can give me a lot of nationalities, i look like a china by me eyes, I look like a guy very mixed, a lot of people don't know what is my nationality! but i am so proud to be haitian! I say i am HAITIAN! you are what you are and it's not because the AMERICANS hate the latinos you must say you are AMERICAN even you born in USA.
You are what in fact? ARE YOU WHITE?
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 4 Oct 2011 6:55 PM
jason
'But not here. And are you sure about Black men kissing white women on screen? Remember that back when Jim Brown was paired with Rachel, she was hiding behind a white name and passing as such. It didn't come out for years thast she was half latina. '

What you want to say me? You know now THey white woman are more interested by a person who are very black! Don't demand me i don't know why?
But i can tell you a lot of woman white love the black, when they try for the first time the love with a black, she said i waste my time with the whites guys, never in my life i will take a white GUY THEY SAID!
You know it's not a joke it's the truth!
Written by: Jason129, 5 Oct 2011 12:11 PM
Kiskeyaman,

What you want to say me? I don't get it. Here in America, we are all hyphenated and can never just be of the place we are born. Your people just like mine could never be just "American", because we are Haitian or PR. I've known alot of Haitians, but I've never seen one that looks chinese.
You must be the man with the International face. Good for you, that means you can get ahead in the world since the next superpower is China. You can get the Chinese girl but don't tell her your Haitian until you get some coco. Then you can tell her that once she go black, she will never go back. But that saying only holds true if you can do what a pizza pie can: feed a family of four!
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 5 Oct 2011 12:34 PM
Jason
I don't look like in whole a china, but i have a face international!
I look like a lot of nations but i am proud to be black even i am mixed! and i am proud to be HAITIANS.
You have some haitians who look like arab too!
you have some white haitians!
All people i have met know who i am! Some people tell me i look like a boy of MARTINIQUA, some people believe i come from reunion, another philippines. It depend of who i meet!
I am proud to say them, I am Haitian!
And often because that a lot want to give me coco! I know you don't have the chance!
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH I traveled in several countries, and i can say you i cooking a lot of girl in this earth! pacific to indian ocean!
I prefer a good rice with red bean with a good vegetable with some hot peppers!
for the pleasure of GUILLERMO, pizza cé pou blanc!
GUILLERMO you are happy?
tell me, you, you look like what JASON
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 5 Oct 2011 5:02 PM
Kiskeyaman,

I agree with you that we must fight corruption but this is something we must put pressure on our governments. Here I send letters to my mayor Roberto Salcedo and I activate people to go out and protest for the 4% which should be assigned to education in Dominican Repubilc. I cannot sit in my face and only complain all the time. I agree that my country's immigration system should not separate families. You as a Haitian should pressure my country on that and your country to put pressure on mine to stop that. As far as I know they are trying to stop separating families like that. With regards to the 2 AM pick up it is a tactic even in the USA they use. I knew Dominicans who have gotten woken up in the wee hours of morning and been deported as well. Anybody who is illegal in a nation cannot get upset at that. I cannot get upset at the USA government for that because it is their country and my Dominican friends were illegal.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 5 Oct 2011 6:48 PM
ojedamaggiolo80

In the domain of Education, haiti across a step, a lot of people who live in the street will going in school free! a lot of persons who are not in the street will go in school free in HAITI now! a great victory for the people!
Let me tell you why the persons who arrest a illegal person cannot wait for deported the person at 9 am?
Especially when two coutries in the same island work often together!
I hope soon Haiti will give a better life to their citizen! I said a lot of haitians it's better to have the misery in haiti than DR! Because in your country you are a king but a valet in the other countries!
How we can do pressure about your government when we had been a shabby in the power!
Now we have a new president who is a leader and i think, the things with DR will be changed!
But we waiting who will president in your country!
unhappy, i think LF was the best among the candidates i see!
I hope I'm wrong sincerely
I hope i
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 6 Oct 2011 2:11 PM
I encourage you to send letters to the Dominican palace as a concerned Haitian or to United Nations. Not in a threatening manner but expressing your feelings and your concerns. By the way, free education in Haiti is a great accomplishment for your country and it makes me very happy to hear that. I agree with you in the fact that to be poor in a foreign country Id rather be poor in my own. I only want the best for Haiti for you are great people with a rich and fascinating culture. May God bless Haiti and help it rise from the floor as I am sure they know how to do. As a Dominican I want the best for my country and trust me for the sake of my country Haiti needs to rise.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 6 Oct 2011 9:14 PM
ojedamaggiolo80
Oh thank you for the nice words! me and the haitians wait a new Haiti! But for that we must work together in the peace!
Written by: airgordo, 7 Oct 2011 3:51 PM
I also wait on a new haiti, probably MORE than many haitians, SO YOUR PEOPLE CAN GO BACK and do their things on THEIR COUNTRY.
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 7 Oct 2011 8:34 PM
AIRGODO
You are everywhere is unbelievable! AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH
ANYWAY, a lot of Haitian even haiti is better can stay in the other side, the island is for us!
anyway you have the blood of Haitian more and more all days!
I know a lot of among you hate that idea but is a fact!
Written by: airgordo, 8 Oct 2011 1:30 AM
Haitian Blood i DOUBT it.... African Blood YES and very proud of it just like My European and Taino Blood
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 8 Oct 2011 4:07 PM
AIRGODO
HAITIAN AND AFRICAN is not different! don't forget that! where a lot of haitian come?
In Africa so you have the blood haitian, is logical!
European? the both side, the people have the same blood!
Don't forget all dominican don't have taino blood! your father spaniard have killed all the taino!
In haiti we have a mix of culture, AFRICA with TAINO!
Written by: Nehesy, 8 Oct 2011 5:06 PM
From: France, London / Paris
Raquel welch is a latina , and she looks latina. Sydney Poitier never kissed a white woman nor will or denzel. Wesley snipes in jungle fever was paired with a white woman but she was italian. Spanish , italian and portuguese are not considered to be true whites. Puerto ricans were among the colored [along with AAs] troups during ww2 , not with the white americans troups . Now speaking about the corsicans they're not considered whites Either the best example is their flag: a black moor. PR is a mulatto country with this is true many europeans imported in the 19th century to avoid a Colored revolution Like in haiti
Written by: Jason129, 9 Oct 2011 12:00 AM
Rachel looks latina, but she was marketed as a white woman. There are plenty of ethnic white women in Hollywood that have the look of their origin, but they were marketed to the masses as non ethnic white American. Jews and Italians such as Lauren Bacall and Susan Sarandon are just a couple of examples. Wesley Snipes had sex with Anabella Sciorra and regardless of the fact that she is Italian, she is white. Puerto Rico has mulatto people but how is it totally mixed when the people immigrating to the island were predominantly white? The white American came in and separated white from black with those who looked taino still not treated as black. This took place long before the US Army was even desegregated. If Puerto Ricans served with African Americans in World War ll, they were also black. You are right to say that some people are considered more white than others, but in the USA, white is European, Middle Eastern, and North African descendants. The shades of white are quite varied.
Written by: the_haitian, 9 Oct 2011 4:54 PM
From: United States, west orange new jersey
@-jason why would pimp let go of his putana? Why would a drug dealer let go of his crack head? Its not love it call interest. Pr is not good enough to be a state but a comonwealth. Just like dr wanted to be but charles summer said hell no
Written by: Jason129, 9 Oct 2011 5:21 PM
You know that the people are voting statehood down in PR because the culture would be obliterated. The fear of losing their first language is dominant. The financial gains of interest have already reached diminishing returns for the U.S. If it became a state, it would still be as poor as the poorest state which is Mississipi. I'll say it again: some of the people that make up the culture are of the same blood as Anlgo Americans. This is an undeniable connection and part of the reason why it is a commonwealth. If the leaders of the free world were descendants of Haitians,
I think Haiti would be a part of the United States, not Puerto Rico.
Written by: the_haitian, 9 Oct 2011 6:03 PM
From: United States, west orange new jersey
@ jason There is a book call the little prince read it. While. We fighting abot who's country is better race is better looks. Who's getting richer of our back.. we all came of the slave ship. Same tactic seperate the tribe can't comunicate and no revolt. We falling for the same trick. SORRY THE WHITEMAN IS A TRICKSTER
Written by: Jason129, 10 Oct 2011 12:02 AM
You are right to an extent. I'll look for your book recommendation. America brought some positives for the progression of the PR people but they did something very bad: They taught us racism on a level that didn't exist prior to their arrival. I'm fully aware that the things I cherish the most from my cultural ties have derived from Africa. Food, music, and that very shapely body type.
Written by: airgordo, 11 Oct 2011 1:50 PM
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 8 Oct 2011 4:07 PM
AIRGODO
In Africa so you have the blood haitian, is logical!
European? the both side, the people have the same blood!
In haiti we have a mix of culture, AFRICA with TAINO!
---

the Dominican Republic has IT's OWN AFRICAN BLOOD, even older than HAITI since the spanish side was here FROM THE BEGINING!!! by 1520's the indians were gone already, that is a HISTORICAL FACT!! French and their slaves came in to the scene 150 years LATER!!!
Written by: KISKEYAMAN, 11 Oct 2011 1:57 PM
????
do you forget, Toussaint try to unite the island?
You don't have some blood indians, it's a lie! THE SPANIARD KILL ALL INDIANS!
Written by: airgordo, 11 Oct 2011 2:33 PM
you should DOCUMENT yourself...

1- Toussaint WAS DEAD before any unification, your buddy BOYER was the guy who tried the BLACKENING of the spanish side. Dominicans SUFFERED 22 years of INVERSE racism.

2- There is a SCIENTIFIC STUDY from the University of PR on the DOMINICAN DNA, up tp 15% is TAINO, GOOGLE that and educate yourself.

3- Again, We were ALREADY MIXED, with BLACK 150 years BEFORE you even existed...