Santiago. - Dominican authorities received what was left of a tractor-trailer which was torched by a mob of Haitians and its driver kidnapped in Fort Liberte, northwest Haiti.
For his part Haitian President Michell Martelly issued an apology and pledged to pay for the damages
The truck’s owner Jorge Peña said his son, David Pena, was driving the truck empty from Cap Haitien to the Fort Liberte, where he was held against his will.
Peña said around 20 Haitians taking part in a protest on Monday, pulled his son out of the vehicle, locked him in a house, and then returned to tell him the truck had been burned.
The truck’s wreckage was taken to the Dominican border town of Dajabón.