A student gave Medina some roses...Puerto Plata.

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.- President Danilo Medina on Monday headed the ceremony to inaugurate the 2013-2014 school year, and officially inaugurated the opening of the country's first full-day public school.

Medina also cut the ribbon for the Mother Teresa High School, which has 17 classrooms built at a cost of R$54.6 million and also reopened the Montellano Elementary School’s 22 classrooms, rebuilt at a cost of RD$25.6 million.

In the keynote speech, Education minister Carlos Amarante said the Government spent RD$6.8 billion to prepare the current school year and ensure quality education.

The official added that the money went to build, refurbish, expand and maintain schools, repair and buy school furniture, supplies, teaching materials, books and uniforms for students, among other details.

COMMENTS
Written by: josean, 19 Aug 2013 5:11 PM
From: United States, Fighting the Dictatorship of the Narco PLD Mafia; Guillermo Moreno President 2016

"Dominican Republic gets its first full-day public school"

Ah But the USELESS METRO was the Priority!

Written by: Danilo, 19 Aug 2013 6:44 PM
From: Dominican Republic, SDQ --- VIGILADOR.COM (Beta) - Vigilando nuestra Quisqueya
Full-day public school... that's what I'm talking about!!! Only thanks to Danilo, not Hipopola or Leonel!
Written by: josean, 19 Aug 2013 7:39 PM

Thanks to the Dominican People who have forced the issue of bringing the Horrible Dominican Public Education System into the 21st Century with THEIR Tax Money!

Written by: ohhhvictor, 19 Aug 2013 8:10 PM

Only with PLD!
Written by: danny00, 19 Aug 2013 8:24 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
Full day?..... Lets see what they Learn in a Dominican "Full Day" of learning. If they where taught nothing (0) in the so-Called 1/2 day well 0+0?... Before I join the Clapping Seals Club iam going to wait and see some results from this "Full Day".
Written by: curios1, 19 Aug 2013 8:34 PM
From: United States, right where im standin
it is a PLUS !
Written by: Perception, 19 Aug 2013 9:30 PM
We "All" know Your a "Great" Man of Principles.

Just "Fight" the Corruption "Outside" your Office "Door" steps.

"Wish" She was my "Own".

Only a Life "Lived" for "Others" is "Worthwhile".

"A" Einstein.

The Maverick.™…
Written by: lsantiago77, 19 Aug 2013 11:32 PM
wow am very happy for this, i was always a follower of the prd, but actions speak louder than words, and this is an extremely big step in the right direction to modernize the country and hopefully reach 2nd world country status soon. am impressed very impressed

+1 for danilo :)
Written by: PuntaCanaMike, 20 Aug 2013 7:00 AM
I think this is a case of "action" instead of "words" and must be commended. For too many years...too many words....no action. Danilo, you probably will not be re-elected (because you are doing too many things right), but you will go down as a president of the people for the people...unlike most of the past.
Written by: dreadlocks, 20 Aug 2013 7:24 AM
edit..
Written by: dreadlocks, 20 Aug 2013 7:24 AM
i have seen nothing in the list of upgrades which makes reference to teachers. so, can someone tell me what the kids are going to learn in a full day from the same teachers that teach them nothing in a half a day? two times nothing is still nothing...
Written by: danny00, 20 Aug 2013 7:37 AM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
Thank u sir ...... See not all Belong with the Clapping Seals Club..... 0+0.... Is still 0......
Written by: danny00, 20 Aug 2013 7:45 AM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
Lets be fair about this at least their are up-Grades coming for the school system, great I would take an Older Building with Good or great Teachers inside of these buildings..... Teachers who care and can teach at the same time... If u have or get these good teaches pay them what they want and then Pay them More then that....... U can keep the kids in the schools for 15 hours a day 7 days a week without the Teaches your just Spinning your wheels and putting on a good show.
Written by: danny00, 20 Aug 2013 8:07 AM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo

Hey!..... I know much about the O my Name is Double 0.... When I in Vegas I bet on the 00 and I win most of the time....... Lots of people around the table when they see me bet $200 straight-up on the double 00 some say "That's a Stupid number"..... Really!... Their are 37 numbers on the table, the casino pays off at 35-one. The double 0 has the same chance of hitting and winning as any number on the board...... Albert said its an impossible game to beat.. But the kids in the schools can as myself can and will win if u get them the right teaches... When the kids win we all win in the future.
Written by: MIAMILIVE1, 20 Aug 2013 8:11 AM
ur so right danny, we should take notes from ur native haiti, were home-ec teaches to make the finest dirt cookies and the only requirements to teach is that u passed the grade like, in our mountain villages. while our seals clap, yours are at the brink of yet another coup de tats lmfaooo
Written by: MIAMILIVE1, 20 Aug 2013 8:24 AM
in a simple equation, -DR(HELL)1000=Haiti... Atleast our schools now have walls
Written by: danny00, 20 Aug 2013 8:45 AM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
Great post Miami this is why we need good teaches.. Oops made a mistake their are 38 numbers on the board 0-00 up to 36..... The chances of hiting are 38-1... The 00 has the same chance as the other numbers..... But then when u throw in Dominicans like this Mr Miami the chances go way-UP like 1,000-1.... Sad that people walk around in Hialeah like this guy waiting for the 1st of the month for their Food stamps and their section#8 to come though for them.....this is the end results of Bad Teachers.
Written by: dannyOO, 20 Aug 2013 10:25 AM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
Take me for example, if you can read you'll notice that I can't spell or I confuse some of the simple words like
teachers (teaches) or there (their).
Thanks to the good old US of A, I get my welfare check every month while working under the
table as a boat cleaning maid, making a whooping $150.00 a week!
Life's perfect.
Who needs an effing education.
This upcoming christmas, I'm going to my beautiful country, ayiti where I'll be treated like a big shot.
Written by: danny00, 20 Aug 2013 2:26 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
U ever is using my name and posting with it as the post above I have to tell u this I saw your mother on the Malecon yesterday she looks beat-up and I hope u get her off the streets.... Her good days she had where along time ago..... No one will pay even 100 pesos for her.,... How's my spelling Sh@@ Face?
Written by: dannyOO, 20 Aug 2013 4:45 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
I'm sorry that I have to talk about my mother like that, but it's just so frustating the fact that I can't still spell.
Written by: dannyOO, 20 Aug 2013 4:47 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
This spelling thing is getting on my damn nerves !
Written by: Danilo, 20 Aug 2013 7:12 PM
DannyDoubleHole, try reading once in a while, it'll help your spelling.
Written by: ohhhvictor, 20 Aug 2013 7:27 PM

Please somebody take Josean to those whole day school , so instead of posting nonsense he would learn something!
Written by: josean, 20 Aug 2013 7:30 PM

Not even 24hrs, 7days a week would help you Miss PURPLE Puzzy!

Written by: Danilo, 20 Aug 2013 7:48 PM
Wow, Satan is cranky today!
Written by: dreadlocks, 20 Aug 2013 7:54 PM
i am still waiting for the cheerleaders to tell me where the teachers are going to come from....
Written by: ohhhvictor, 20 Aug 2013 8:05 PM

Joseano wanted an education during election, now he can't complaint he can not study!

The first topic: Civism 101 with Leonel!
Written by: josean, 20 Aug 2013 8:10 PM

Ms. Vickey and Danilito will be the afternoon Know Nothing teachers!

Written by: Danilo, 20 Aug 2013 8:33 PM
Joseano will teach Whining 101 and Voodoo 101
Written by: ohhhvictor, 20 Aug 2013 8:40 PM
Yeah!

He 'is going to sell purple chimichurris for the children 1 ( the purple obsession..you know! ), because he is so "smart" that they didnt allow them as a student..Por bruto!
Written by: josean, 20 Aug 2013 8:50 PM

Ms. Vickey and Danilito you guys can get married in New York and Lie-onel can be your WORST "Man!"

Written by: Danilo, 20 Aug 2013 10:03 PM
Joseano, I guess you would know about gay marriages, how many guys have divorced you?
Written by: josean, 20 Aug 2013 10:24 PM

Looking at your profile picture I think you got me beat on that front........ just make sure Ms. Vickey uses protection when she gives it to you up the rear, the girl has flown more than Jet Blue!

Written by: josean, 21 Aug 2013 10:54 AM

Update:

Saint Danilo gets a BIG F- on his First Day of School!

“Danilo Medina admits there were problems at the start of the school year”

“The beginning of the school year had difficulty in different parts of the country, such was the case in the in the Capotillo sector of the National District, precisely at the school Salomé Ureña, where community leaders threatened to take to the streets to install tents so teachers can provide classes to the students.”

Yeah Lie-onel was right the USELEES METRO was the National Priority and Saint Danilo Supported it!

noticiassin.com/2013/08/danilo-medina-admite-hubo-problemas-en-inicio-del-ano-escolar/

Written by: danny00, 22 Aug 2013 2:58 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
If I was one idiot like u I would not be worried about how their, there Spelling is...... Ok! U make a few bucks with your Pimp Business, but your own Mother Guy?.,, I understand you selling your girlfriend, Wife, Kids....... But guy your own Mother?.... Take your finger out of your nose and stop picking it guy it's Fu@@Ing Disgusting..... Become Human!.... At Least try?
Written by: danny00, 22 Aug 2013 3:17 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
Medina other day with him and one young girl giving her Flowers..... As I said that day and I say today it's ...."Showboating"..... Photo was great for him and the Low-Information people that saw this photo.,.,, still no chairs for all the Students.... U had some on this site that posted ..."Thank-God"... Maybe soon we will be a 2nd World country..... I was going to reply to that post but I did not...today I will Yes with this Medina who does every thing in the fast lane,..... With the get smart quick kits I believe that in the next two months with 4% and the choo choo train lets put all of this into the Pot... I see one Entrepreneurial Nation our way... Thank you God for pres.Medina and for Ex-Pres Leon... Just look how far we have gone with these people to lead us...... We are on our way to the Sh@@ House......Opps!..., I ment where going up and no looking back where on our way guys the world is ours for the taking.
Written by: dannyOO, 22 Aug 2013 4:46 PM
From: United States, blue mall santo domingo
Now back to my boat cleaning maid job.
Have a nice day in la-la land and please save me
some of that tainted salami that i crave while i ride on the choo-choo train.