Santo Domingo.– Health authorities and police agents seized counterfeit medicines in a warehouse in Santiago de los Caballeros (northwestern), the second largest city in the Dominican Republic.

According to the report, the counterfeit medicines are valued at millions of dollars. The police also announced the arrest of a person in the raid. Among the drugs seized there are painkillers, antibiotics and others used to combat  hypertension and diabetes mellitus.

During the operation, agents also seized empty boxes, containers and a machine to print the batch numbers and expiration dates of the fake products.

COMMENTS
Written by: laman00, 5 Jul 2014 3:22 AM
From: United States, Los Angeles CA
What kind of animals are these people counterfitting even the drugs, like i said before if you lose you emphaty you lose your humanity, this is exactly for these individuals,despicable unhumane lower then a gutter.
Written by: BASTA, 5 Jul 2014 8:01 AM
From: Dominican Republic, =Ghetto/Legalize Drugs/Free abortions for all Never Confuse Education with Intelligence
A new low shame shame.
Written by: Ricardolito, 5 Jul 2014 8:10 AM
From: Dominican Republic, Zona Colonial
This has been going on for ages in this country ,,the most common counterfeit drug is amoxilin and the counterfeit drugs are difficult to detect because they do NOT say hecho en republica dominicana..the other counterfeit drug not mentioned here is an anti inflamatory drug called mobilcox . I know all this because I was caught out after an operation when I started getting worse rather than better after taking prescribed anti inflamatories and antibiotics. I believe the counterfeits are sold in pharmacies in poorer barrios. My advice is to go to a pharmacy recommended by a hospital .and insist on a respectable brand
Written by: Ricardolito, 5 Jul 2014 8:14 AM
From: Dominican Republic, Zona Colonial
You always have to be on your guard in the DR .with counterfeit drugs, petrol stations that give out less petrol , packaged fruit that is mainly rotten inside , crooked lawyers and the list goes on
Written by: Johny, 5 Jul 2014 8:19 AM
From: Dominican Republic, United States, European Union - Traveler - all around the world (50+ countries)

I believe when people buy drugs from government drug stores, they are okay. Those who buy drugs in other type of stores, they might be victims of this kind of fraud.
Written by: pelaut, 5 Jul 2014 9:35 AM
Crooked lawyers!
Did you say "crooked lawyers"?
Tell me it isn't true!
Written by: anthonyC, 5 Jul 2014 10:03 AM
Written by: Johny,

"I believe when people buy drugs from government drug stores,"

You believe wrong.

I am intimately informed on this situation. In many cases the pharmas sold to the government are swapped out with counterfeit and the legit then sold to the Pharmacies.

What are the 3 biggest lies in the world?

1. The check is in the mail.

2. I won't cum in your mouth.

3. I am from the government, I am here to help you.

Written by: dreadlocks, 5 Jul 2014 10:39 AM
says laman

Written by: laman00, 5 Jul 2014 3:22 AM
From: United States, Los Angeles CA

someone who would sell fake drugs does not rise to the level of being considered to be human
Written by: Johny, 5 Jul 2014 1:18 PM

@anthonyC -

Bullshit!
I never heard of any such case related to government drug store.
It is just your fantasy...
Written by: danny00, 5 Jul 2014 1:28 PM
From: United States, Acropolis 114 santo DOMINGO
Report as spam/innapropiate
Written by: Ricardolito, 5 Jul 2014 8:14 AM
From: Dominican Republic, Zona Colonial
AFTER U TAKE YOUR MEDS HAVE YOUR SELF A "REAL GOOD CUBAN CIGAR"..
Written by: danny00, 5 Jul 2014 1:45 PM
From: United States, Acropolis 114 santo DOMINGO

@anthonyC -

Bullshit!
I never heard of any such case related to government drug store.
It is just your fantasy..........WHY CRAP AND BULLSHIT ?.... When they RUN OVER SOME POOR KID THEY LEAVE THEM FOR DEAD LAYING IN THE ROAD.... They take 12-13-14 Year old girls to CABANAS....PIMP OFF ANYONE FOR A FEW BUCKS....SELL DRUGS AND KILLS PEOPLE.....WITH YOUR RESPONSE WITH THE CRAP AND SHIT YOU WOULD HAVE A GREAT COMEDIC CAREER.....
Written by: danny00, 5 Jul 2014 1:48 PM
From: United States, Acropolis 114 santo DOMINGO
come on girls nothing is real in la-la land smoke &mirrors while they robo the dominican cookie jar....
Written by: hellborn25, 5 Jul 2014 2:54 PM
From: United States, New Jersey Home of the brave.
Hey anthonie number two on your list is i wont cum in your mouth , where in hell is that on the list???
Written by: Ricardolito, 5 Jul 2014 3:57 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Zona Colonial
DReadlocks I wonder if you have read the Constant Gardener by John Le Carre . The book deals with two large pharmecutical companies that trial their medicines in poor African countries with countless cases of agonising deaths .le Carre ,in a forward ,states that he has only touched the tip of the iceberg .
On the other side of the coin, there are numerous prescription drugs containg paracetemol and codeine which are fantastic pain killers that are not available in the DR which forbids medicine with cocaine ..,,the resultthat many cancer victims are denied relatively cheap pain relief
Written by: dreadlocks, 5 Jul 2014 4:52 PM
thanks for the recommendation read, Ricardolito. it is well known the first world countries carry out the clinical testing of drugs on third world guinea pigs.

i did not know that codeine was illegal here. that is a little 19th century, no?
Written by: Ricardolito, 5 Jul 2014 5:03 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Zona Colonial
I did not know it either but went to that good pharmacia in parque Independencia and to another in Mella and they both told me that aaaall medicines here with codeine were not legal here . I think the reason is that they are very habit forming and when I left the hospital they only gave me enoughto return to the DR and 5 more days ,,If I had known I could not get them here I would have brought some from England ...Adoctor will readily give a prescroption there...The Paracetemol is readily available here but is ofetn made in Honduras ,so the packet says ... I suppose , just like Valium, the product is good in responsible hands only
Written by: dreadlocks, 5 Jul 2014 5:06 PM
i wish you the best with your health issues, Ricardolito. i mean that, sincerely. we need you around this site.
Written by: chillinout, 5 Jul 2014 10:22 PM
I know a doctor here and.he noticed people were not responding as they should so he sent the antibiotics to be tested in France. The report showed only 10% of the active ingredient as listed was found.

I take anti-clotting drugs for years. I know how I should bleed and bruise. I switched brands a couple of months ago because they didn't have my usual one. I noticed when I got cut my wounds didn't bleed much. Not a good sign so I switched back to my previous brand and bled as I should. I now cut myself each week to make sure I bleed as I should and the blood is the correct color and viscosity. I told the drug store about it.

If I didn't catch it I could have stroked out or died. People involved with this fraud should be charged with attempted murder, negligent homicide or whatever the legal term is.
Written by: dreadlocks, 5 Jul 2014 10:27 PM
it is a sad reflection on the human condition when a person, or group of persons, seeks to make money by jeopardizing the health and life of others. i cannot fathom this one.
Written by: danny00, 5 Jul 2014 11:16 PM
From: United States, Acropolis 114 santo DOMINGO
The World Bank has rated The Bahamas as the wealthiest Caribbean Com-munity (CARICOM) country.
It said that the tourism industry not only accounts for more than 60 per cent of the Bahamian gross domestic product (GDP), but provides jobs for more than half the country's workforce.
NOW THAT THE CHINESE HAVE INVESTED ALMOST $ BILLION DOLLARS INTO THE COUNTRY THE DR IS ONLY GOING TO PLAY SECOND FIDDLE MAYBE OTHER ISLAND ARE ALSO ON THE RISE... THEY NOW HAVE THE BIGGEST WATER PARK IN THE CARRIBEAN AND IN A FEW MONTHS THE BIGGEST VEGAS STYLE CASINO U GIRLS CAN KEEP ON SELLING YOUR CONTERFIT DRUGS JUST LIKE YOUR CUBAN CIGARS....
Written by: danny00, 5 Jul 2014 11:19 PM
From: United States, Acropolis 114 santo DOMINGO
that was four billion girls. ha ha ha and the chinese have invested. $0 dollars in the dr. why ?..,...ha
Written by: hellborn25, 6 Jul 2014 6:48 PM
From: United States, New Jersey Home of the brave.
I belive the best way to fight diseases like cancer is in eating foods that are high in alkaline, your nody needs to have ph level in a normal range. Ph stands for the potential hydrogen of your body, foods like watermelon ,broccoli, asparagus, also drinking lemon with water is a good way to alkaline your body, another way to get a maximum amount of alkaline is by mixing baking soda with water and drinking it , this is a good remedy for cancer patients, as it is well know that cancer cannot live in a place where there's oxigen.
Written by: PatDiamond, 6 Jul 2014 11:48 PM
From: Botswana, La reconnaissance est une lachete'
This not a DR issue major world wide even in the US got to give thanks to the Chinese on this one, hell fake baby formula anyone.