Los Guaraguaos

Santo Domingo.– The legendary Venezuelan group Los Guaraguaos is scheduled to perform at the auditorium of the Autonomous University of Santo Domingo (UASD) on 26 and 27 February .

The group was part of the 1974 unforgettable “Seven Days with the People” festival, the most important artistic event held in the Dominican Republic in the seventies which included the presentation of such important voices as Silvio Rodriguez, Noel Nicola, Victor Manuel, Ana Belen, Pi de la Serra, Sonia Silvestre and Luis Diaz, among others.

COMMENTS
Written by: Manhattanite, 15 Feb 2009 1:03 PM
Blast from the past! I remember hearing these guys on my dad's radio when I was young. There's on particular song I never forgot, hope I can find it online...
Written by: baldoria23, 15 Feb 2009 5:12 PM
From: United States, Washington
Sweet... This group is amazing. The social commentaries that they make through their music is truly magical.

I hope people go to hear them...
Written by: josean, 15 Feb 2009 7:12 PM
From: United States, Fighting the Dictatorship of the Narco PLD Mafia; Guillermo Moreno President 2016
baldoria23,

Are there any videos of “Seven Days with the People?”
Written by: brootto, 16 Feb 2009 10:19 AM
From: United States, South West Florida
las casas de carton, que vivan los estudiante y muchos mas lo mejor del 70 in regard of political songs siete dias con el pueblo. I remember it was a wonderful time. a real blast from the past. I believed that the lead singer die in a drowning so they said, I believed he was killed.
Written by: PilarRodriguez, 16 Feb 2009 11:52 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo
Las Casas de Carton, No Basta Rezar, Perdoneme Tio Juan, Que Vivan los Estudiantes, are among the greatest hits of the Group. If you Google Los Guaraguao you can find some of their Lyrics as well as some videos of one of the most influential group of Latin America who began their career 36 years ago and are still committed to their mission for justice.
Written by: ArsenioALembertJr, 17 Feb 2009 2:25 AM
From: Spain, Ibiza, Minorca, Mallorca
I always thought "Las Casas de Carton" was a Ramon Leonardo song! Que te parece?
Written by: ArsenioALembertJr, 17 Feb 2009 2:31 AM
From: Spain, Ibiza, Minorca, Mallorca

Does any know is this festival was held in Manresa? Or, was it Haina? Palenque?
Written by: PilarRodriguez, 17 Feb 2009 11:15 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo
El Primer Encuentro Internacional de la Nueva Canción Siete Días con el Pueblo se llevó a cabo en la República Dominicana del 25 de noviembre al 1 de diciembre de 1974, convocado por la Central General de Trabajadores (CGT).

El evento consistió en una semana de actividades diarias. Se realizaron cinco conciertos masivos en Santo Domingo, uno en Santiago de los Caballeros y otro en San Pedro de Macorís. En el Estadio Olímpico de Santo Domingo se efectuaron los conciertos de apertura y cierre. En el Palacio de los Deportes de Santo Domingo se realizaron otros dos conciertos y un quinto concierto en el Parque Eugenio María de Hostos. El concierto de Santiago de los Caballeros se llevó a cabo en el Estadio Cibao y el de San Pedro de Macorís se efectuó el Estadio Tetelo Vargas.

(Copiado de Wikipedia).
Written by: baldoria23, 18 Feb 2009 12:15 AM
From: United States, Washington
Sorry Josean, I've been too enraged w/ the three stooges (AntC, Vacalao, & Letro) and neglected my other postings...

I'm not sure :-/