SANTO DOMINGO.- Cancer patients have a new drug to fight the terrible plight. It's called "Escozine," a revolutionary natural alternative medicine made from the venom of scorpions native to Dominican Republic.

The drug, approved by the Public Health Ministry, prevents the spread of cancer cells, says the scientist and biologist Grant Arthur Mikaelian, president of the international biopharmaceuticals company Medolife. "This product can shrink tumors or eliminate them entirely in some cases. And it produces an inhibition in the growth of cancer cells."

He said the patient can use the Escozine with chemotherapy, surgery, radiotherapy and hormone therapy, he adds and notes that it’s registered as a natural alternative medicine.

Mikaelian said the drug has been certified by the renowned Swiss laboratory Atheris, which has the world's largest database on biodiversity venoms.

The scientis said Escozine was initially extracted from the “blue Cuban scorpion," but Atheris analysis found that the Dominican scorpion venom has better characteristics. "The properties of both venoms are similar, but there’s an advantage of the Dominican species. It has smaller molecules and that facilitates the penetration of the cancer cell’s membrane,"

Mikaelian added that the Environment Ministry authorized the experiments with the scorpions.

COMMENTS
Written by: elBuscoon, 14 Dec 2010 12:48 PM
From: Cuba, La Havana, Que Viva La Revolucion
They have been doing this in Cuba for years. Cancer patients travel to Cuba from all over the world to recive the scorpion venom treatment. Many people have had very good results from this treatment.

Now the Dominicans think that they have just found something new?
Written by: Atabey, 14 Dec 2010 12:51 PM
From: United States, Bring DT Forum Back--
Read elBoscoon. Not new, but BETTER!
Written by: WalterPolo, 14 Dec 2010 12:54 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata
We're about to witness a proliferation of scorpion farms!
Written by: marinos90209, 14 Dec 2010 1:51 PM
a beginning of a new scam........
Written by: telemeco, 14 Dec 2010 1:55 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Monte Plata
anybody want to invest with me to breed scorpion in my finca,,,,import venom to US and Europe
Written by: riosm, 14 Dec 2010 2:06 PM
ElBuscoon,
Cuba's hidden little secret gone public, so much for keeping secrets.....will the patients travel / flock to the DR instead of Cuba for treatment ?
Written by: generoso, 14 Dec 2010 2:12 PM
From: Dominican Republic, ****Raise your words, not your voice. Rain grows food, not thunder.****
This smells like another scam, this Beverly Hills doctor seems fishy to me. The regulating authorities should investigate him further, and the reasons he is not in Cuba anymore, other than the dubious story furnished by him.
Written by: riosm, 14 Dec 2010 4:21 PM
Generoso,
Is he really from Beverly Hills...snake oil...looking to make a bundle of $ ?
I'll check him out.
Written by: riosm, 14 Dec 2010 4:27 PM
Generoso,
HUMMM ! I can't find nothing on this Doc. I'll keep looking and will keep you posted.
Written by: Atabey, 14 Dec 2010 7:18 PM
From: United States, Bring DT Forum Back--

Arthur Mikaelian
BEVERLY HILLS, CA US
1. 20090123558 Polarized Scorpion Venom Solution and a Method for Making Polarized Scorpion Venom Solution 05-14-2009

=======================================
Written by: generoso, 14 Dec 2010 2:12 PM

I agree. Doesn't smell good. Be very careful.
Written by: bitli, 19 Dec 2010 5:23 PM
WOW , i really got surprise when i see at least one thing in dominican is worth thinking .
dominican scorpion but before that i have to check it up on wiki
Written by: allworld, 8 Jan 2011 8:26 PM
Here's the skinny,there is a cure for cancer,but the U.S.gov't. doesn't want anyone to have it.It's like this,negative press always wins out over good press,and war is the fuel that drives the U.S,gov't.They always complain about never having enough,but they(the U.S.gov't)keep printing more money,and lying to the public about what they don't have.But keep lining their pockets with green.The greed itself is the cancer...I won't say anything else,I'll let you figure the rest out !!!
Written by: riosm, 8 Jan 2011 8:35 PM
Allword
You forgot to mention the human aspect behind the powers that may be.....

The press in the U.S is supose to report the news ALL THE NEWS not make or create the news, ballances and checks for a free nation ? as the old saying goes....those who control the news control the people.

Watch Fox news for a day....then decide, many never watch but are quick to judge, many can't handle the truth.
Written by: allworld, 9 Jan 2011 2:25 PM
I don't need to watch Fox News,I know more than I'm letting out.I have people in high places,you couldn't even fathom.Besides,when my albums come out later this year,you'll be in the loop like the very few high rollers "I Roll With"...And I do mean HIGH ROLLERS !
Written by: riosm, 9 Jan 2011 3:42 PM
Allword,
LOL understandable......like I-spy, top secret stuff ?

LOLouder at my old age....only if I'm one who can get "FATHOMED" from those people in earthly high places.

Are we talking merengue, hip hop, rock, rap, acid rock, regetone, calipso, R&B, heavy metal, oldie, new wave, opera, bashata or disco ?

Music is international and bridges people together, on the more serous side.....please keep us posted.
Written by: allworld, 9 Jan 2011 4:31 PM
I respect your insight,but alot of it is on a need to know basis.And I can't betray the trust...I hope you understand.Besides,when the music comes out,you'll know who I am !
Written by: riosm, 9 Jan 2011 9:51 PM
Allworld,
I understand, and for your honesty which speaks volumes, good luck....I very much look forward.
Written by: watcher48, 13 Jan 2011 3:30 PM
From: United States, Omnipresence
Hmmm scorpion farm....can I open a marijuana clinic in DOM REP?
Written by: riosm, 13 Jan 2011 4:05 PM
Minus queens would rather NOT SPEAK [in this case post] VOLUMES, funny how they come in groups of 2's [toot, toot] or more as if they line up........like a choo choo train.
Written by: HONEST, 18 Jan 2011 8:58 PM
From: Dominican Republic, SANTO DOMINGO I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, I will bring the discernment of the discerning to nothing
Once in while , someone goes against the flow