NEW YORK.- American actor Vin Diesel said he adores what calls Dominican Republic’s “multiculturalism," for which he chose it as the location to film "Los Bandoleros," his second short as a director.

"Growing up in Manhattan many of the brothers which I grew up with were Dominican and is something very multicultural of the Dominican Republic and so I identify with," Diesel said today in an interview with Efe in New York, where he released his new adventure behind the camera in the International Latin Cinema Festival.

The actor presented the 20-minute film "Los Bandoleros" with a very Latin air and whose story works as the opening for "Fast & Furious," released this year and the fourth of "The Fast and the Furious" series.

"75% of the Dominican population is mulatto, which means, like me, are of European and African descent," said Diesel, of Italian and Afro-American origin, who many say is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s heir in action films.

"The film tells the intriguing back story about the characters and events leading up to the explosive oil truck heist in Fast & Furious," says a movie review by Jeremy Meyer in examiner.com.

COMMENTS
Written by: telemeco, 30 Jul 2009 3:24 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Monte Plata
nice,,,,Vin Diesel DR superstar,,,
Written by: BASTA, 30 Jul 2009 5:44 PM
From: Dominican Republic, =Ghetto/Legalize Drugs/Free abortions for all Never Confuse Education with Intelligence
Duh another great human wow, oh my ughhhhh
Written by: chillaxin201 This user is banned, 30 Jul 2009 5:55 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Boycott Dominican Tourism
This guy has been a Dominican WAnnabe for a minute...
I guess I was right, it's the fact that he's mixed which makes it appealing to him..
Written by: allumeuseGeneroso This user is banned, 30 Jul 2009 10:11 PM
And yet the prohaitian consider us racist and african descent (a contradiction). Diesel relates to mixed race that dominates DR society!
Written by: mrios, 31 Jul 2009 9:17 AM
A heck of a way to promote a new movie....
I just wonder how many Dominicans actors are in his new flick ?
Ven Diesel the new DR Tourist Czar.

Written by: acmore, 31 Jul 2009 11:59 AM
"Growing up in Manhattan many of the brothers which I grew up with were Dominican and is something very multicultural of the Dominican Republic and so I identify with." I hope the this is a misquote. How does this guy remember his lines?
Written by: tomcasey31558, 31 Jul 2009 1:56 PM
Why are you all so thretend by Vin? Do you want to keep the DR all to yourselves? I think it is great that he is promoting the DR. I also think he is a great actor and I for one enjoy his movies.
Written by: Escott, 31 Jul 2009 5:17 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Cabrera and Sosua a 2 days a month for payday
Vin Diesel a "GREAT" actor? Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
Written by: CarlosFranco, 31 Jul 2009 6:36 PM
From: United States, Brooklyn

He's cool, i like his films.... We have a pro-dominican Yankee, which could be useful in perhaps portraying Dominican historical films in the English language.

Viva Vin Viva