A ferry ship in the port of Santo Domingo.

Santo Domingo.- America Cruise Ferries, of the company Marine Express, begins service between Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic today, with a ship that will weigh anchor from the port at Mayaguez at 8 p.m. Wednesday.

The ferry will at night set sail every Monday at 7 p.m. from the Pan-American Terminal in front of San Juan’s Convention Center in Puerto Rico, and at 8 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays from Mayaguez.

In its three arrivals to Puerto Rico it will berth at 8 a.m. for disembarkation.

The ferry-cruise ship can transport 1,100 passengers and a carries a combination of 165 containers and around 70 vehicles in every crossing. It had already begun freight operations on March16.

Marine Express president Néstor González said passenger service will have a roundtrip introductory fare of US$169 per person, including port fees to Mayaguez, and US$189 to San Juan.

The ship Caribbean Fantasy has staterooms that fetch an additional US$48, with the first three standard size suitcases free for adults; features a casino, night club, piano-bar, jewelry shop, duty free store, beauty parlor and swimming pool.

COMMENTS
Written by: platano70, 1 Jun 2011 9:17 PM
How long is the trip??
Written by: mannyberrios, 2 Jun 2011 7:53 AM
It's about time
Written by: platano70, 2 Jun 2011 7:44 PM
cuantas horas se toma el viaje???
Written by: ojedamaggiolo80, 7 Jun 2011 4:23 PM
El viaje se toma 12 horas.
Written by: prdr1, 10 Jun 2011 2:20 PM
I would be cautious in using this company. I paid $665.00 to book a ferry ride for myself and my vehicle in early April of this year. I was told the ferry was leaving April 11th and I made all my plans to move to the DR using this service. I was then called just a few days before the ferry was scheduled to leave saying the ferry wasn't leaving after all and they had no idea when another ferry would ever depart. They refused to mail me my refund and I am now in a dispute with this company through my bank.
Written by: mannyberrios, 10 Jun 2011 9:47 PM
Where were you leaving from?