Kathleen Martinez during the interview.

SANTO DOMINGO.- Egypt’s new military authorities have reissued the license to Dominican archaeologist Kathleen Martinez to resume the excavations in the historic search for the tomb of Cleopatra, an investigation that has piqued the interest and obtained the support of the leaders of the United Arab Emirates.

Martinez made the announcement Friday, but also revealed the theft of many of the artifacts she had already unearthed and the “disappearance” of the excavation equipment during the year-long turmoil in Egypt.

She said the process to recover her excavation license has already passed through several departments, “so we are ready to return and resume the investigation.”

Martinez said the she was invited to a private audience by the sheiks of the United Arab Emirates, where its royal facility discussed the project with her.

The attorney turned tomb hunter said on expressing her concerns over the protection of her archaeological finds, the UAE leaders encouraged her to continue her search, “and let the world worry about protecting your discoveries.”

“They invited me and honored me with encouragement to continue with my search,” she said, interviewed by Huchi Lora on Channel 11.

Close to Cleopatra

Explaining the progress in her quest, Martinez was upbeat despite the year-long hiatus forced by the revolt in Egypt. “We found the plaque of the tomb of Isis, this confirms my theory of Cleopatra’s burial site.”

COMMENTS
Written by: watcher48, 27 Jan 2012 8:25 AM
From: United States, Omnipresence
I forget the song...was it "walk with an erection" or walk like an Eygptian?"
Written by: EDITOR, 27 Jan 2012 9:24 AM
Kathleen, you make us proud of being Dominican. Keep on keeping on...!
Written by: watcher48, 27 Jan 2012 9:32 AM
From: United States, Omnipresence
Concur....ever forward!
Written by: RoyStone, 27 Jan 2012 10:44 AM
From: Australia
Good luck to her.
If she finds the tomb then this will be a worthy credit to her and this country, and worth more than 10 baseball gods. If she doesn't she still deserves credit for trying.
Written by: watcher48, 27 Jan 2012 10:48 AM
From: United States, Omnipresence
Absolutely..."well known" archeologists have tried and failed. If she finds it, she will open many oportunities and establish good relations..By the way, She should be an execelent candidate for that so-called prestigious award that LEO gives to other people.....
Written by: RoyStone, 27 Jan 2012 11:04 AM
From: Australia
She's one of the new breed of Dominican women making names for themselves, while Dominican men continue to behave like silly adolescents.

... like the one on this site who gives me a minus no matter what I write. How childish!
Written by: hellborn25, 27 Jan 2012 12:13 PM
From: United States, New Jersey Home of the brave.
shes looking for the ghost of cleopatra , Im sorry what is the point of all this , does she admired sex deviants who practice incest and problably dabble in the black magic arts .
Written by: watcher48, 27 Jan 2012 12:15 PM
From: United States, Omnipresence
You should talk..."HELLBORN"....lol....
Written by: Nelcito, 27 Jan 2012 3:24 PM
From: United States, Queens NY
Dominicans are everywhere. We will soon rule the world. LOL
Written by: RoyStone, 27 Jan 2012 3:27 PM
From: Australia
Helloborn25, what is your point?
Incest was the norm amongst Ptolemies, and Dominicans, 2,000 years later still practice ancient Christian superstition. The Egyptians knew the diameter of the earth within 2%. It was the Catholic Church that pushed the flat-earth idea and tried to quash the Helios-centric model of the solar-system, and many Dominicans still believe in talking snakes, the Creation and Jesus.

Cleopatra was also an astute politician - something else this country lacks.

Written by: RoyStone, 27 Jan 2012 3:33 PM
From: Australia
Nelcito, is that the criminal world you are referring to?

One smart Dominican in Egypt is not a wave sweeping the world.
Written by: hellborn25, 27 Jan 2012 4:22 PM
From: United States, New Jersey Home of the brave.
Written by: RoyStone, 27 Jan 2012 3:27 PM
From: Australia
Helloborn25, what is your point?

Cleopatra was also an astute politician - something else this country lacks.

and whats your point bill maher , how to get off topic and confused the subject? My point is what is there to search of cleopatra ? shes been dead for 100s of years , she practice devil worship , she practiced incest , astute politicians ??? in what planet you live in anyway there my euro trash friend , just keep to your dominicans bashing and god hating rants , thats all your good for anywway.
Written by: watcher48, 27 Jan 2012 4:24 PM
From: United States, Omnipresence
"Can't we all just getalong?...hey, what's the bat for...?"
-Rodney king-
Written by: hellborn25, 27 Jan 2012 4:25 PM
From: United States, New Jersey Home of the brave.
roy stone how many times did that catholic priest pump that ass when you were in church , your hate of religion in this site is really such tiring act.
Written by: RoyStone, 27 Jan 2012 10:03 PM
From: Australia
hellborn25, thank you for your concern. Fortunately I was not born into a Catholic family so no priest got anywhere near my ass. However I do know more about the Catholic Church, Christianity and the Bible than you will ever know.

As for "bashing Dominicans" - I was actually praising a Dominican, for doing something difficult and worthwhile, that brings credit, real, lasting credit, to this country. Your comments about Cleopatra illustrate what a spectacularly moronic ignoramus you are. Have you ever been to a museum?

As for hating god, no I don't, because no god or gods exist. However I do hate the stupid and evil things people do as either deluders or deludees. Regardless it was you, not me, that brought religion into the discussion. If you can't handle it, don't raise it.

Written by: capsicum, 27 Jan 2012 11:29 PM
From: Netherlands Antilles
RoyStone

I believe in god, just not in his employees
We should share a cold one, or "vestida de novia" someday

I swear I'll leave my gun at home
Written by: RoyStone, 27 Jan 2012 11:42 PM
From: Australia
capsicum, I'd be delighted. I'm not sure about the wedding dress, but a cold one would be nice. You won't need your gun, but feel free to bring your Bible.